OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

As an OpenClass parent, I had no real stake in tonight's outcome.

But it does highlight the one aspect of this activity I wish were somehow different - the fact that everything - a whole season, 1000's of hours, and sooo much work comes down to one single performance.

This will probably sound a little weird, but I am kind of glad that BK did not break their record score tonight ... give them something to push for next season (although, its not like 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st aren't also things to push for).

• Like 1

I remeber in the predictions thread I got called crazy for saying Cadets would be 4th and Crown would be 1st. Well I was almost right!

• Like 1

But have you seen the recaps at all? Crown was NOT third visually. I thought hey had outdone BD by at least .5 in visual. Also, why are GE scores so low?

The reason Crown lost was because they had a weakness in percussion that never was corrected. It is not a conspiracy. Guard has gone back and forth all season. Like someone else said, you cannot have a glaring weakness and expect to win Finals (beat BD) unless BD happens to have an off night. The crowd is going to go crazy for any corps Crown, Bloo, SCV or even Cadets if there is a chance they will beat the Blue Devils. I get it! People get tired of the same corps winning. I liked this years BD show, however I loved last years BD show, but at Finals BD did not have the fans vote (as far as crowd response goes), Bluecoats did. I really do not think it matters what product BD puts on the field next year, the crowds once they leave CA for tour will be hoping someone else wins. It is human nature, and the people who decide to march with the Blue Devils know what they are getting themselves into. I should not have said Crown lost, they won the Silver Medal.

Edited by jmc5682
  • Like 7

Prosperie puts Bluecoats drums in 1st?

I've been watching Bluecoats drums all season. They are tremendous, well deserving of that honor in a year of GREAT drum lines.

They just didn't get the INK that the other corps did here on DCP. :lle:

• Like 1

BD had a tenor player fall backwards off a 'book" prop, onto his back.. ouch

....and they still won visual.

• Like 1

Ah well...there goes the last $99 I'll give DCI!