OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

I like Brandt Crocker MUCH better when he delivers in a calm, business like manner (like at retreat last night). His growling corps introductions, on the other hand, are so redundant and obviously contrived. Gets on my nerves. I'm all for keeping BC in the booth, but I really wish he would return to his delivery style from the 80s.

He sounds liquored up when he presents. I think he's a DCI icon and a one of a kind, but even Michael Jordan hung it up after time

It's important to put Brandt Crocker in the context of today's crowds. The average "fan-age" is about 3 years; he sounds funny and fresh to the average fan.

Wesley, I think your characterization is in poor taste on all kinds of levels, regardless of your opinion of Mr. Crocker. It seems beneath you from what I've read of your posts, and besides being unbecoming it couldn't possibly be more insulting to a man whose given half a lifetime to the activity.

• Like 1

A reasonable request, politely asked for.

Look at Carolina Crown, the final set, just after the last note of the show, the last note of the season was played. The corps is standing there, not moving, and they are accepting the wild applause of the crowd. The percussion judge chooses this moment to walk from the 50 yard line across the field inside the middle of the formation.

+++

And I'll give you a counter offer, if you please (and I just realized, there may not be a replay available to view right now). Could you offer an opinion, even ONE reason why the judge wouldn't simply stand still, until the corps started to move to leave the field?

Oh, I thought you were talking about a judge interrupting a performance! My apologies. You are correct. Mr. Prosperie should absolutely be fired for interrupting your applause.

(/sarcasm)

• Like 1

I was on the 50 in section 240. There was a stunned silence initially followed by a few scattered boos briefly (nothing like at a Flyers game when they are playing poorly :satisfied: ) that quickly became cheers for Carolina.

Just wondering what row you were in...

We were probably close enough to throw popcorn at each other. And if I yelled at you to sit down, sorry.

:tounge2:

Just wondering what row you were in...

We were probably close enough to throw popcorn at each other. And if I yelled at you to sit down, sorry.

:tounge2:

Row 5, seat 10. I was wondering where that popcorn came from.

I feel some of the panel judged the season and not the show.

The only sub-caption mark that I see that supports that contention might be the 99 - 99 that Cadets got in brass. How can a judge give a 99 - 99 as a final score when there were three corps still to perform? In fairness to the judge, I can see why someone would get painted into such a corner when the excellence leading up to Cadets' performance dictated that only a 99 would compare Cadets to the brass lines preceding them. But, where is there room for three higher-ranked corps to score? The judge left room only for a 3-way tie at 100 or a 4 way tie at 99 or maybe a combination of each. There's no doubt we are talking brass performances that were next to impossible to compare to previous years.....

That show was both a judge's dream and a judge's nightmare. They enjoyed the privilege of adjudicating the best competition I can recall. And with that privilege, the awesome responsibility of shaving minute differences. They did their job. After watching Blue Devils, I was convinced that either Crown was going to perform to perfection or finish second....

If Crown and Blue Devils appeared in reverse order last night, they both would have scored a bit higher..... just my uneducated opinion.

• Like 1