OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Good to see all these WVU fans here :)

• Like 1

Has DCI announced the attendance as a "record" - it seems it was...

Paid attendance was a record...... I'm sure TOTAL attendance was as well.....as the wrap around seating (mostly corps kids from outside top-12) indicates. The seating capacity is 62,000 and it was less than half full.....maybe even 28,000 ??? Huge numbers either way !

Paid attendance was a record...... I'm sure TOTAL attendance was as well.....as the wrap around seating (mostly corps kids from outside top-12) indicates. The seating capacity is 62,000 and it was less than half full.....maybe even 28,000 ??? Huge numbers either way !

Kudos to DCI, their staff, and affiliates on this incredible news. I can only hope that it is a most postiive harbinger of things yet to come.

Record for Indy maybe, but not all time. I believe 1982 in Montreal is the record with Finals attendance of nearly 40,000.

You do know that judges actually have sheets to fill out and finish everything up before the next corps right?

. Believe me, those performers could care less about that judge in that moment. Don't even know why this is an issue...

My gosh, DOES NO ONE EVER READ ANYTHING I WRITE???

The LAST corps. AFTER the last note. The SHOW is over. THE SEASON IS OVER!!!! There ARE NO OTHER CORPS TO JUDGE!!!! Like I wrote AT LEAST THREE TIMES! Sheesh!

Not to mention, they'll just be in the way when the corps starts getting off the field

And you think the judge would be in the way of the corps getting off the field? Really??? I guess I don't have an answer for that one.

+++

Someday, the judges will be off the field, and the shows will be safer for the corps, and the audience will see a more enjoyable show.

I bet not one of you guys will call me up and thank me. :rolleyes::tounge2:

:soapbox:

/soapbox

(disclaimer: I always post with a smile on my face, so don't worry that I take myself, this "issue" or any of you guys, too seriously. I'm OK, really. And taking my meds helps a lot.) :cool:

Edited by wvu80

Good to see all these WVU fans here :)

Good to see you too. :)

We're all going to have to stick together. It's going to be a looong season in the Big 12 for football, I'm afraid. :grouphug:

Edited by wvu80

Maybe it's just me but I've never found myself distracted by a field judge, sitting in the stadium live or watching on Fan Network

I thought the scores that were reported early matched the ones that were announced at retreat. Is that not true?

Yes, it's true, for the bottom 6. Clearly Blue Knights & SCV's scores were in the process of being updated at the time.

I took a screenshot on my phone (which I still have) and tweeted it to DCI. I probably wasn't the first. Within seconds the scores were hidden again, and I deleted my tweet.

But yes, the scores were accurate and were accidentally open to the public while Bluecoats were performing.

I waited until they were announced to tweet them because I didn't want anyone to be upset with me or to embarrass DCI, but as soon as Crossmen's score was announced and it matched the screenshot, I knew the scores were correct.

Edited by Corps Scores
  • Like 3

Maybe it's just me but I've never found myself distracted by a field judge, sitting in the stadium live or watching on Fan Network

I think that's a fair statement.

I've brought up before how distracting judges are on the field both live and on videos, but I seem to represent a small minority, as that point of view never gets much traction. I think you speak for the majority in this.

But without all the hyperbole I exude, it really does, seriously bother me. I'm sorry, but I really enjoy these shows, it is usually the highlight of my summer, and I get immersed in the moment.

That means crying babies, rude people who talk through the show about nothing, know-it-all corps alumni who talk through the show about how much they know about drum corps, staff members who troop the stands with big mouths, idiots who shout out in the quiet portion of a show, and anybody other than a uniformed corps member on the field, bothers me.

I just want to watch the show. It's all about The Show. :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1