OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

OK please help me out. I was at indy that year and had good seats for semis and saw the ending in the DVD recording. My finals seats were not good (upper deck and on the 30 ish. Didn't notice anything different, in my defense I was cheering wildly. Didn't have fan network at the time and wasn't on dcp. What did she do differently at finals?

Because I don't want to spoil the fun, watch the multi-cam from 2011 (semi-finals performance). Then watch the high-cam footage, which shows what she did at finals night. I don't know why, on the multi-cam, they didn't show what she did on finals night, but it's perfectly viewable on the high cam.

Thanks again to ALL the corps for an incredibly strong year with so many great moments, melodies & performances. Identities seem to be getting stronger again (thanks for the nudge, Cesario), and entertainment levels are as high as they may have been since I started going to Finals in 1989.

For anyone that cares, I just finished a Finals week review in the Show Review forum.

Harvey

• Like 1

Whoa cavaliers horns got 10th? They were great. Well that goes to show you how good everyone else is.

I really loved their show and plan on finding out more about their source matereal.

Because I don't want to spoil the fun, watch the multi-cam from 2011 (semi-finals performance). Then watch the high-cam footage, which shows what she did at finals night. I don't know why, on the multi-cam, they didn't show what she did on finals night, but it's perfectly viewable on the high cam.

What about those of us that don't have the DVD? Inquiring minds want to know!

At finals, she completed the "suicide" by sliding the sword down between her arm and her body. According to Tom Blair, they had a camera pre-positioned to frame her expected pose with the audience behind her, and from that angle it looked terrible (since you could see the sword under her arm). Thus, the edit (with PR's approval)

Edit: I accidentally a word

Edited by packetslave

I have said this for years...Crocker is awful. He was great BITD, but now it is hard to understand what the heck is is saying with his over the top gravely voice announcements. The PHAAAAAAAAANOM REGIMENT.

It's time for a change.

• Like 2

I have said this for years...Crocker is awful. He was great BITD, but now it is hard to understand what the heck is is saying with his over the top gravely voice announcements. The PHAAAAAAAAANOM REGIMENT.

It's time for a change.

Doesn't his son have a similar voice, and do some WGI announcing? Or am I thinking of someone else? I'd be fine if they just had Dan Potter do it. He's very good.

Anyone else notice that on Saturday night Crocker said that DCI was "pleased to present...Carolina Crown" instead of "proud" to present?

Fix was in before they played their first judged note...

(Kidding)

• Like 1