OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

I thought I was far enough removed from the activity not to give an efff about who wins...guess I was wrong.

The Blue Devils' little gal gets a ring at about 10 years old. Wow. Think about that. How many more will she have before she ages out?

• Like 4

Also, no 10s in subcaptions. Do you think the word came down from on high after last year...?

When your highest scoring group goes on 2nd to last, you gotta leave room for the last group to potentially outdo them. Crown didn't outdo them.

Had performance order been reversed, I have no doubt the BD would have gotten a couple perfect scores.

• Like 1

Wow, seems like the judges and the judges alone think BD was the best corps out there tonight... what a load of garbage these spreads are.

• Like 1

The Blue Devils' little gal gets a ring at about 10 years old. Wow. Think about that. How many more will she have before she ages out?

well she's got 12 years to go - so probably 10 or so... lol

As much as I really really wanted crown to win, tonight I just didn't feel like they had their best show...across all captions. BD's performance was awe-Inspiring, and while crown was great, I feel as though they didn't leave it all out on the field.

Regardless, scores are just numbers. They are, as Hopkins constantly reminds us, opinions. Those numbers don't change the raw emotion that came spilling out of me this year in response to various shows, including crown's. The tears that will inevitably well up in my eyes as I listen to these shows (once CDs) pay no mind to numbers.

So while I obviously wish the numbers were different, in a week all I will think about is what inspiration these kids gave me this year.

Thanks to all for a great season. And if you are a MM reading this, I hope you know what an inspiration you are to people, young and old. Age is, after all, just a number.

• Like 2

A High School Band Show WON!!!!!!! YEAHHHHH

That's right!! Best High School Band on the planet!! And don't you forget it! 17!!!!!

So, what's she going to do next year to top that? :tounge2:

And can you IMAGINE when she goes back to 5th grade this year, what she is going to read to the class from her assigned paper, "what I did this summer." :biggrin:

Clara: "A week ago I was half-way across the country and performed for 22,000 people in the Lucas Oil Stadium on my way to winning my first DCI World Championship."

Teacher: "Oh, that's nice dear. So you were in a band..."

:doh:

But if you saw the BD 360 video with her interview, you already know she is so cute, so intelligent and so articulate. I can already hear her answer to the teacher:

Clara: Yes, mam. :smile:

She really did come across in that video as very well-spoken and intelligent. Her getting to do this was amazing, and I'm sure her and her peers will relish this Championship!

Edited by perc2100