OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Amazing season ... it's been fun everyone. Hopefully DCI doesn't drive me away to the point where I don't come back next year (they almost did this year with the DCI Live! crap). See ya around.

Edited by jasgre2000

They need to bring in the Pulse Percussion staff currently at the Blue Stars. A lot of Pulse performers spread out to the Bluecoats, Vanguard, Blue Knights, etc. If they go to Crown, he can bring those peeps to Crown. Keep in mind he also is the caption head for Chino Hills High School (Best WGI High School Drumline) So he has a hell of a talent pool with Chino Hills HS, Pulse and POW. Just sayin.

Yeah, I hear Aungst has a real scrub of a high school line in comparison...

• Like 1

I am genuinely surprised. In my opinion, Crown deserved it, but congrats to BD! They wouldn't have won if they didn't have an incredible run. Crown had an amazing season and I will love this show forever! Congrats to every corps for an amazing season!!!

So bummed Crown didn't take the win. They really need to re-consider their percussion staff.

You could feel no one wanted BD to win - even the announcers. You could see the crowd just leave immediately.

BD for me has become my 'hot dog' corps. I refuse to watch them - when they come on, I go and do something else. The kids are great and talented, but I cannot handle their show design. It is so predictable. I am so tired of the white props and the ugly guard costumes. Blah.

I cant wait for the CDs where I will definitely be listening to BlueCoats, Crown, BK, SCV, Madison, and Crossmen. Overall, Blue Knights is my favorite show of the season. Great job!

• Like 5

However, Steve Rondinaro, Dennis DeLuca, and Will Pitts did not agree with BD winning. They did try to take the high road, but it was anything but a ringing endorsement.

Dennis DeLucia clearly said on air that Crown had a rough nite in Percussion. He even pinpointed what section. He said... " snare "

• Like 1

I want to put in a dig on Marie Czapinski's judging of Color Guard. The Crossmen guard took 6th in prelims and 7th in semis. Marie put them in 11th. The prelims and semis judges had seen Crossmen before and rewarded them for their achievement. Czapinski hadn't judged the Crossmen all season and hadn't judged at all in a while. Her score pretty much cost the Crossmen a rise to 11th. Had they gotten even the 7th pace score the semis judge gave them, they would have been in 11th.

• Like 1

So bummed Crown didn't take the win. They really need to re-consider their percussion staff.

Crowns percussion staff is FINE. Give it a year.

• Like 2

YEAH! All the talk will be on the top. Well deserved. They have some decision making to do in the visual and visual design department though. Overall, not bad though.

I'd say show design department, too. The whole story telling thing has run its course, for a while. That drumline kept them from teetering on the 12th-13th spot. I'll say that, with the exception of the percussion, all areas of the corps need to be looked at for next year or they just might be that 13th place corps, again.