OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

@CorpsScopes seems to have the strongest periscope of the bd victory concert. hurry

Congrats to all the corps for an AMAZING year! I'm very proud of Regiment and how they progressed through the summer-- reports of their demise were a bit premature! SUTA!!!!

Crown was still my favorite but I'm not at all surprised by the Blue Devils win. They were just too strong, top to bottom. A deserving win, for sure.

All in all, this season has had some of the most enjoyable shows in memory. Can't wait for next year!

• Like 1

Wow, seems like the judges and the judges alone think BD was the best corps out there tonight... what a load of garbage these spreads are.

Leaving the stands now. For the most part, I've ran into nothing but fans that are happy and excited for BD. There were was some shock and aww during the announcement, for sure. The most sour grapes I've seen are on this forum.

• Like 3

And now comes the time where a bunch of people are going to come on here and say they have had it with DCI and they are done forever cause BD won.........only to see them pop back up in June excited for a new season lol.

The oil can is about out of room anyway....special section at Indy next year in the end zone ...for DCP members who quit in a huff and sneak back like they always do, because they love it!!!

• Like 2

Congrats BD. Excellent performance. Totally agree with placements. Was a difficult year, but everyone deserves praise. I freaking love drum corps!!!

• Like 2

Now. DCI pretty please iron out the rights stuff so we can have stellar and complete audio and video of this magnificent season!

• Like 4

SCV lost any chance of winning Sanford ( Percussion ) trophy right within the first 10 seconds of their opener here at Finals tonite. It was a shame. But thats why they play these competitions.

• Like 1

Honestly, if there was another organization that got 1st place in ANY activity over 40% of the time... I don't even know how much pure hatred would be thrown at them. I'm glad that, no matter what everyone says about DCI fanatics, we're mature enough to recognize the talent and hard work of these young people without creating some kind of victim complex and grabbing our pitchforks.

Edited by noahsigs
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Crossmen on their second straight finals night performance and their third in the last four years!

What a fantastic run yesterday after the delay because of the electronics, a disaster that might have made a lesser group of kids totally lose focus...

Instead, they nailed it.

Now place a nice solid tenth (or higher!) next year! The semis drama has been great, but it's time to move onward and upward!

BONES

• Like 2

They need to bring in the Pulse Percussion staff currently at the Blue Stars. A lot of Pulse performers spread out to the Bluecoats, Vanguard, Blue Knights, etc. If they go to Crown, he can bring those peeps to Crown. Keep in mind he also is the caption head for Chino Hills High School (Best WGI High School Drumline) So he has a hell of a talent pool with Chino Hills HS, Pulse and POW. Just sayin.

Totally agree, that whole group on lines is on fire lately. Personally, I thought the best choice could be Tim Jackson, since there's already some Rhythm X staff there and, unlike the Pulse guys, he's not currently affiliated with another corps that I know of. But either of these would be fantastic, along with several other possibilites.

And as for wanting to give Aungst more time since he's new to the group... that's what we all said about Hannum in 2012 and Beddis in 2007. He could be different, but why waste 2 or 3 more years on that chance when the previous attempts have failed? Meh.