OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Marie should not be judging at all since she has openly and blatantly said how much she hates the Regiment.

And yet she had them in 6th tonight in Guard while Torchia had them in 13th in Semis. I don't think she's biased.

• Like 1

Sad for The Cavies ... lowest finish in my lifetime. Hope they come back strong next season.

• Like 3

....and they still won visual.

And 84 Cadets had about 8 people take a tumble at Whitewater and still got a perfect marching subcap.

87 Cadets had clear pit/battery phasing at one point and still got a perfect overall score.

89 SCV had 2 holes in the line...and played bumper cars in the snare line as a result during one chart...yet they still won

Just because the camera saw it doesn't mean the judge did.

• Like 1

The reason Crown lost was because they had a weakness in percussion that never was corrected. It is not a conspiracy. Guard has gone back and forth all season. Like someone else said, you cannot have a glaring weakness and expect to win Finals (beat BD) unless BD happens to have an off night.

What's the lowest result in any caption that a champion-winning corps has had? Has a corps ever won a title with a fifth-place caption, or a caption that was 0.75 behind that caption's winner for the night?

4 different scopes of BD's victory concert will now be on Periscope for 24 hours, starting now, 9:05 PDT, 8/8/15.

They are at:

@CorpsScopes

@EvansDrumheads

@DrumsCorpsFan

@biffrobertson (this is a partial one)

They seem to be decent quality from good locations.

You have 24 hours, then they turn into dust...

BD had a tenor player fall backwards off a 'book" prop, onto his back.. ouch

On the newly revised score sheets, judges are encouraged to give style points for quick and appropriate recoveries on a fall. This was put in place a few years back when a Corps had a few marchers fall down in performance... one was at a rain slicked field. I think not falling down is better than falling down and making a smart recovery, but it does not matter what I or anybody else thinks. We didn't write the judging sheets, and nobody asked us ( haha!)

• Like 1

Ah well...there goes the last $99 I'll give DCI!

DCI got my last dime in 2011. Not another penny.

• Like 1