OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Over the past decade, 2006-2015, the Reading Buccaneers have won even more DCA championships (8) than the Blue Devils have won DCI championships (6), with the 2015 championships yet to come in DCA.

And last year's finish for the Bucs felt rather like this year's finish for BD: they were third in Prelims but picked up 1.5 pts. overnight to finish first in Finals. To the dismay of many in the audience! And there was a penalty involved (but it wasn't the deciding factor).

But in the longer term, you are of course correct about BD's incomparable dominance. Bucs have only 13 championships to BD's 17 wins, and Bucs finished out of the top five many times from the late 1980s to the late 1990s.

and Bucs would finish 20th or lower in DCI. Is there a point to this? It's really apples and oranges...

What's the lowest result in any caption that a champion-winning corps has had? Has a corps ever won a title with a fifth-place caption, or a caption that was 0.75 behind that caption's winner for the night?

Crown 2013 ironically. They were 6th in drums and more than a point behind the caption winner.

• Like 1

Where do i go on periscope to see encore?

(Why is this app so counterintuitive for finding stuff? first time user, here.)

BD beat Crown by .225 in overall music

BD beat Crown by .45 in overall visual

OMG CROWN DRUMS SUCK! THEY COST THEM THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

To be fair, if they had a drum line to match the rest of the corps, they'd have a 2nd ring. Drums ALMOST cost them 1st place in 2013.

I want to congratulate all the corps....but especially the ones not in the top spots....it seems they're passed over every year due to the hype for the top spots....the top spots are good, but I think the lower placing corps need a bit more recognition.

• Like 3

What's the lowest result in any caption that a champion-winning corps has had? Has a corps ever won a title with a fifth-place caption, or a caption that was 0.75 behind that caption's winner for the night?

84 Garfield....1st overall, 7th in drums.

I have special reason to remember that one.

• Like 2

SCV lost any chance of winning Sanford (Percussion) trophy right within the first ten seconds of their opener here at Finals tonight.

A real piano is a percussion instrument, but would it be the percussion judge who rates an electronic piano?

Also, can anyone confirm if that opening segment is part of the judged show? There was no high camera, so I couldn't see when the timing judged indicated the start. If it was unjudged preshow, then the percussion judges (or music analysis judge, if that's the right person) wouldn't be allowed to factor in that mistake.