Clara! From Blue Devil's INK

The way endings are going in '14 and '15 we may have to add cheese officially to the sheets.

Problems will still arise, however, as some judges will like cheddar and others will like......................wait for it....................blue.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Similar question... did I hear correctly at the theater that one of the guard members for BD who aged out had spent 15 years in the organization? Jeff Kievit marched with the Muchachos for 14 years and thought he had the longest tenure in Jr. Corps history, but that was all actual field and parade time. Did someone actually spend 15 years marching in the C, B, and A corps???

Yup! I this saw on my Tumblr feed few weeks ago

tumblr_nq9lvhpv1u1srwibwo1_540.png

(credit to user @itsme-pencilsteve)

I assume she started in BDC when she was around 6 and just worked her way up through the years, very cool!

• Like 2

Yup! I this saw on my Tumblr feed few weeks ago

tumblr_nq9lvhpv1u1srwibwo1_540.png

(credit to user @itsme-pencilsteve)

I assume she started in BDC when she was around 6 and just worked her way up through the years, very cool!

Wait, there were numbers in that picture?

• Like 1

Wait, there were numbers in that picture?

Good ole' Cappy!

• Like 1

The way endings are going in '14 and '15 we may have to add cheese officially to the sheets.

Problems will still arise, however, as some judges will like cheddar and others will like......................wait for it....................blue.

yea because hiding under a blanket isn't cheesy.

• Like 1

The latest member of Blue Devils color guard; Clara!

If this ten year-old girl doesn't make you smile on finals night, nothing will. :smile:

https://youtu.be/RzXOy3tIw2A

I'm just curious but why wasn't that illegal? I agree it was a nice touch but what are the rules when it comes to this.

I'm just curious but why wasn't that illegal? I agree it was a nice touch but what are the rules when it comes to this.

There's no lower age limit and since Clara is in Blue Devils C, her season was already over so she was welcome to join in and fill in a spot (BD was only marching 147 or 148 people the whole season)

So she will finish with FIVE rings. Impressive!

I think two of them are from BDB.

Similar question... did I hear correctly at the theater that one of the guard members for BD who aged out had spent 15 years in the organization? Jeff Kievit marched with the Muchachos for 14 years and thought he had the longest tenure in Jr. Corps history, but that was all actual field and parade time. Did someone actually spend 15 years marching in the C, B, and A corps???

Happens quite a bit, actually....the Odello brothers come right to mind.

'Course, their grandfather FOUNDED BD, their parents both marched BD and are still heavily involved with the org...as are a number of relatives.

That family is BD royalty, and bleeds more blue than Tommy Lasorda.

• Like 1