Corps goals/ideas for 2016?

Blue Knights should do a Journey show. Dont know what Journey is? Its a video game that is as beautiful as it is emotional. Conceptually up their alley, but also it has great music to go with it.

Crown should follow up Inferno with another literary inspired piece, War and Peace. Love, death, storytelling, props (but not too many) As Shia says... JUST DO IT!

BD goes for 3 in a row with... A show about making music. Im not joking. After doing a show about a director that pioneered the most recent genre of film to be invented, and a show about story telling and literature, why not a show about music? Its the most gosh darned BD thing to BD since Dada.

Cadets do a show about passover. Playing traditional jewish music. Why? Even years are interesting years for the cadets. We all want a sequel to 12.25

Bluecoats. Can they get more electronic than this season? Im trying to think, but i see a return to normalcy from them. In show concept not necessarily placement. Maybe theyll get political and do a blacklivesmatter show, since the bluecoats represent police and whatnot. Topical. (not an invitation for a discussion here)

SCV: The Spanish Civil War. Musically there is a lot of great spanish music, feature spanish instruments. I feel the bombing at guernica could be a great emotional moment, and the picasso painting would be very impactful.

BLUE KNIGHTS DO JOURNEY.

I've been longing for someone to do something like that. I believe the soundtrack won a Grammy. That would be PERFECT for their current ethereal dreamscape type look and show. Oh my God. That would be incredible. You have a great mind. :)

BLUE KNIGHTS DO JOURNEY.

I've been longing for someone to do something like that. I believe the soundtrack won a Grammy. That would be PERFECT for their current ethereal dreamscape type look and show. Oh my God. That would be incredible. You have a great mind. :)

It was nominated in 2013, but was the first video game soundtrack nominated for a grammy. The soundtrack took 3 years to make too, as he wanted you (the player) to feel as though you are influencing the music as well as the game. So everyone's experience playing the game is different, even the music.

I want someone to do journey. CrownPhan doesn't want BK to do it because he fears the music will be too difficult for BK to knock out of the park. But i think they are the only corps who fits the concept perfectly. And their brassline this past year was definitely a cut (or two) above prior lines.

SCV: The Spanish Civil War. Musically there is a lot of great spanish music, feature spanish instruments. I feel the bombing at guernica could be a great emotional moment, and the picasso painting would be very impactful.

So, is the DM going to be Franco?

Actually that sounds pretty interesting, just by being a pure history major I'd be interested to see how they would interpret it

So, is the DM going to be Franco?

Actually that sounds pretty interesting, just by being a pure history major I'd be interested to see how they would interpret it

Well for the Les Mis show they resisted having specific characters, i imagine they would here as well. Although i would enjoy it if the DM was referred to as el Generalisimo.

I would also be interested in how a corps interprets the show. Since it doesn't have a very happy ending and the effects of the civil war and the regime still exist today in Spain.

Blue Knights should do a Journey show. Dont know what Journey is? Its a video game that is as beautiful as it is emotional. Conceptually up their alley, but also it has great music to go with it.

Crown should follow up Inferno with another literary inspired piece, War and Peace. Love, death, storytelling, props (but not too many) As Shia says... JUST DO IT!

BD goes for 3 in a row with... A show about making music. Im not joking. After doing a show about a director that pioneered the most recent genre of film to be invented, and a show about story telling and literature, why not a show about music? Its the most gosh darned BD thing to BD since Dada.

Cadets do a show about passover. Playing traditional jewish music. Why? Even years are interesting years for the cadets. We all want a sequel to 12.25

Bluecoats. Can they get more electronic than this season? Im trying to think, but i see a return to normalcy from them. In show concept not necessarily placement. Maybe theyll get political and do a blacklivesmatter show, since the bluecoats represent police and whatnot. Topical. (not an invitation for a discussion here)

Yes! War and Peace! And play Shostakovich's 10th with it :)
  • Like 1

While in the midst of falling asleep, I suddenly had an idea I just had to share.

Madison Scouts

La Villa Strangiato by Rush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNilsLf6eW4

Edited by BoyWonder1911

Cadets should do a Decades show. Choose 1 song from each decade they made popular along with the corresponding drill. 70's guard can wear long hair and bead wigs, 80's Mullets or jersey girl big hair. and so on. Call the show " Decades of Hair" lol. Use a few barber and barber chairs to change the hair for the guard. Push, twirl and like magic guard have next decade hair. Maybe 70's the guard could twirl batons like the old high school bands lol. Maybe some patched jeans for the 70's. ripped jeans for the 90's-2000. Hmmmmm, better call Hopkins before this idea gets stolen. :omg:

Cadets should do a Decades show. Choose 1 song from each decade they made popular along with the corresponding drill. 70's guard can wear long hair and bead wigs, 80's Mullets or jersey girl big hair. and so on. Call the show " Decades of Hair" lol. Use a few barber and barber chairs to change the hair for the guard. Push, twirl and like magic guard have next decade hair. Maybe 70's the guard could twirl batons like the old high school bands lol. Maybe some patched jeans for the 70's. ripped jeans for the 90's-2000. Hmmmmm, better call Hopkins before this idea gets stolen. :omg:

Tarpon Springs did that show at BOA in 2000.