Boston Crusaders 2016

http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e88d94dc33c7b1af4245c2da1&id=d46cf7bf5d&e=021bda7d35 Some of us have been hoping Tony would work with the corps again.

OKAY THEN!!!!!!!

This is HUGE for Boston with JAY MURPHY from Blue Devils.....wow this is a BIG PICKUP FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am VERY excited for them! Seriously excited!!!!

...of course Brian Murphy and Anthony Smith are no slouches either...This is what BAC really needed IMO! I know if I was a auditioning this season for drum corps...BAC would definitely be on my list...

OKAY THEN!!!!!!!

This is HUGE for Boston with JAY MURPHY from Blue Devils.....wow this is a BIG PICKUP FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...of course Brian Murphy and Anthony Smith are no slouches either...This is what BAC really needed IMO! I know if I was a auditioning this season for drum corps...BAC would definitely be on my list...

I work with both of them back in the 70's both good people.

OKAY THEN!!!!!!!

I think you could see more of the Brian influence than the Jay and just see Brian more also. Collaboration will be interesting for sure. :smile:

Why wouldn't BAC do a show revolving around the music of Dropkick Murphys....only turning it left, right, and bottom side up? I mean...what more could say "BOSTON"?? I mean...they could create their own new standard, "Shipping Away From Boston," just by doing the original in retrograde.

Edited by HornTeacher

Good Grabs.

But if drill rehearsals aren't perfect, does that mean BAC will see the "Dropkick Murphys"??? :tounge2:

With Whitey out of action now, they might be available. Since they have allowed the corps to play "Shipping up to Boston", they might go easy on the mm at the beginning.

Edited by Ghost

As far as I am concerned, this is a powerful team. Tony Smith was integral to the corps' survival during the lean times, and has been a design innovator since the late 70's. While people speak of SCV's groundbreaking asymmetric drill design in 1980, check out some photos of Boston in 79 and 80....both of those shows featured asymmetric drill throughout. And with his involvement with the corps since being a percussionist in the mid 60's, his institutional memory is unmatched by anyone in the visual design category to this day. Brian Murphy's success with the corps in the early 2000's, as well as his designs more recently represents the apex of BAC's visual scoring reach. (Core of Temptation, anyone?) While I only know Jay Murphy by reputation, that reputation speaks for itself. He also, has been involved with BAC in the past and I should note that all three of these guys know each other very well.

Having said of all of this, I would add one more note. The climb out of back to back 10th place finishes at Finals won't be easy. Boston will have to somehow design and execute a program which will be an entire level above the last two seasons. This staff announcement is a GIANT leap to that end. I do think that this team, along with the recent announcement of Chris Holland as Exec Director, represent Boston's most aggressive commitment in years to "bring it" in August.

• Like 2

As far as I am concerned, this is a powerful team. Tony Smith was integral to the corps' survival during the lean times, and has been a design innovator since the late 70's. While people speak of SCV's groundbreaking asymmetric drill design in 1980, check out some photos of Boston in 79 and 80....both of those shows featured asymmetric drill throughout. And with his involvement with the corps since being a percussionist in the mid 60's, his institutional memory is unmatched by anyone in the visual design category to this day. Brian Murphy's success with the corps in the early 2000's, as well as his designs more recently represents the apex of BAC's visual scoring reach. (Core of Temptation, anyone?) While I only know Jay Murphy by reputation, that reputation speaks for itself. He also, has been involved with BAC in the past and I should note that all three of these guys know each other very well.

Having said of all of this, I would add one more note. The climb out of back to back 10th place finishes at Finals won't be easy. Boston will have to somehow design and execute a program which will be an entire level above the last two seasons. This staff announcement is a GIANT leap to that end. I do think that this team, along with the recent announcement of Chris Holland as Exec Director, represent Boston's most aggressive commitment in years to "bring it" in August.

Take a look at 1977 thats on youtube. I think that earliest drill that Tony design that is posted (YT). He did 1976/1978 also.