Boston Crusaders 2016

I hope to be there with my usual cronies again this year. ( although some of them think that if you travel outside of Route 128, the earth is flat, and you might fall off.)

I heard the highway referenced now a days is 495, so those folks are venturing further West.

Need to talk to admin/staff about their needs just saying. As they posted they need help up in VT for right now.

Well just sayin, I have offered my help several times. Directly offered; face to face. Not Facebook. Crickets. No call, no email, nothing. I simply do not check Facebook every day. I can't get up to VT easily and I can't jump in to help at the last minute. I wish I could, but kids and work inhibits that. I'll go to Ash and offer help. I am happy to do anything they need. See you there.

Usually by now we have a message from Craiga about ST.

I think he's waiting to see BAC in Ashburnham too before chiming in on his thoughts.

I think he's waiting to see BAC in Ashburnham too before chiming in on his thoughts.

One never knows where Craiga has been. Time will tell.

Well, since emc2 mentioned me......I returned last night from about 24 hours at Castleton, which is all my schedule allowed. Unfortunately, in my line of work I never am able to get a two day weekend, so it was 4 hours to VT, soak it all in for 24 hours, then 4 hours home.

As I have said previously on DCP, I really dislike the "they're gonna be for real this year" kind of move-in hype, so there will be none from me. A few thoughts on my part, in no particular order:

The corps appears full to me. I think they are going with 76 brass and I did see four or five alternates on the sidelines during ensemble. I believe there are 38 in the guard with again some alternates who are present. The battery looks to be 9-4-5, but I think they may have a brass drummer injury they are dealing with. The front ensemble also seems to be full and rearing to go.

The horn line sounds different to me this year...I guess I would call it "more orchestral". My soprano player ear from 35 years ago can't tell you why the sound is different. Perhaps the Yamaha brass???

One of the cool things about the music is that while many younger people might not necessarily recognize some of the titles, I had several corps members tell me that they all could recognize it as soon as they heard it. And, they are excited.

The drill has a completely different look to it this year, thanks to Murphy, Murphy & Smith. I LOVE the field coverage! I can't adequately describe the design, but the coordination of the elements feels like the Core of Temptation but with props.

I don't want to give anything away, but the windmills are genius. Overall, the kids and staff all seem really motivated, and as usual BAC is eating well. I had brought my own food in the RV for the weekend, but I couldn't say no to the steak wraps when offered!

I have learned to not prognosticate based on move-in, but I will just say that I am thrilled with every aspect of what I saw and heard. The first show is in something like 23 days. Great work, one and all!

• Like 9

as usual BAC is eating well. I couldn't say no to the steak wraps when offered!

!

This is not Real Drum Corps. Real Drum Corps does not have Steak." Real "Drum Corps has P & J sandwiches on Wonder Bread that makes you wonder how old the bread is.

Edited by BRASSO

The drill has a completely different look to it this year, thanks to Murphy, Murphy & Smith. I LOVE the field coverage! I can't adequately describe the design, but the coordination of the elements feels like the Core of Temptation but with props.

This is great to hear for me personally. Probably the only thing that kept me loving the show last year as a whole was the visual package, felt extremely claustrophobic to me.

Thanks for the very detailed update, I'm really looking forward to this show. Think it's going to be really good.