Boston Crusaders 2016

Overall, I like the uniform, and the modifications too. 'looks sharp, imo. I'm old school, so I do prefer the shorter plumes. But I do realize that the many Corps today to tend to utilize these tall ones like this.

There was always something "kewl" about going to parade rest in sequence with the metal silver buckle on these uniforms...I used to love to hear that "clank" sound with my horn....bitd I'd SLAM that instrument/soprano into my chest....I'm sure today though....they probably discourage that sort of handling...wanting to get a better re-sale value for instruments that only get 4 months usage...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

Another close up look of the modifications for the Boston Crusaders uniform. The addition of a bit more of the white with the corps colors of the red & black, makes for an appealing overall modern and sophisticated look for the 2016 season, imo :

https://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders/photos/pb.146636528713632.-2207520000.1465823248./1109608379083104/?type=3&theater

Edited by BRASSO

Another close up look of the modifications for the Boston Crusaders uniform. The addition of a bit more of the white with the corps colors of the red & black, makes for an appealing overall modern and sophisticated look for the 2016 season, imo :

https://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders/photos/pb.146636528713632.-2207520000.1465823248./1109608379083104/?type=3&theater

Yes I agree. The white props help out as well.

I know they would never do it....as Boston's brand is red and black...but I've always wondered what they would look like from the press box if they used the drum majors uniform instead (white jackets and black pants) for the corps proper.

If they are using white gloves then I think they may go with white plumes...

I always preferred the white plumes. Don't yell at me but it just defines forms better from up top...
  • Like 1

BAC moving away from the military jacket slowly but surely. I sense next year when Cadets return to their normal colors, you'll see them follow BAC with respect to the design of the jacket being more artistic and less military.

I always preferred the white plumes. Don't yell at me but it just defines forms better from up top...

When I marched with them we had white plumes...

I seem to recall when I was watching the corps of temptation show (2009) and very much noticing that the forms seemed very well defined in that show...I often wondered did the white plumes have anything to do with that...

When I marched with them we had white plumes...

I seem to recall when I was watching the corps of temptation show (2009) and very much noticing that the forms seemed very well defined in that show...I often wondered did the white plumes have anything to do with that...

BAC has beautiful unis. Always did but the black plumes make them look ###### close but for big shows I just felt it lifts them somehow. Great corps regardless and very looking forward to seeing them with that Murphy influence on design and that great guard they always have..

My bleeped out comment was a compliment

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Their current uniform desperately needed some white. I think the red to black gradients they have are really cool looking, but that uniform would "pop" so much more if they just had a solid red jacket and shako. I suspect the white accents and plume will give them a much more polished look.