Boston Crusaders 2016

I feel that they will be fighting tooth and nail to get that 11-12 spot this year. Corps are just SO strong this year. It's funny how corps that just make finals today would medal in the past :) I'm a little worried for BC this year but I feel that if they play their cards right they could end up in finals without too much of a struggle.

lol

Different rules and expectations. I seriously doubt corps in the 8-12 place would medal in the past.

The shows are different now.

lol

Different rules and expectations. I seriously doubt corps in the 8-12 place would medal in the past.

The shows are different now.

Bring a core of the past here, guarentee more times than not they wouldn't make finals here. DCI has improved and evolved so much since then.

Again, it's early, but there's only so many spots available and it is nevertheless worrying that Boston's score is still sitting in the low 60's.

That fact that your post is the first one in about 38 hours let's us know that some of us BAC posters might be in a temporary shock mode. I decided yesterday to hold off on any thoughts about the first week until after A-Town.

As for tonight's 1.2 drop, who knows. Different judges maybe. With today's rehearsal ending around 1330 hours to get ready for the show, I doubt they put in some new stuff.

Bring a core of the past here, guarentee more times than not they wouldn't make finals here. DCI has improved and evolved so much since then.

Doesn't matter about today, his comment was a response to somebody saying a corps in 8th-12th place would medal in the past. And they wouldn't. Different rules and expectations like he said. In fact if a corps from today went back to the 80s, they'd be disqualified immediately.

• Like 2

Doesn't matter about today, his comment was a response to somebody saying a corps in 8th-12th place would medal in the past. And they wouldn't. Different rules and expectations like he said. In fact if a corps from today went back to the 80s, they'd be disqualified immediately.

Someone thinks a bit to literally lol

Why are Boston's scores so low? Are they not doing good or are the corps better than them right now? I thought the show was stellar but obviously something must be up because imo we should easily be ahead to Crossmen, Troopers, and Blue Stars.

But why? Crossmen fans say they should be above the group. Boston fans say they should be ahead but they never say why. I've seen all 4 and IMO they dont have GE besides windmills which could hurt. Same thing in the Colts thread they are there but not being utilized to the fullest extent. Everyone seems to say Blue Stars aren't good enough on these boards and should be getting beat. They are closer to Phantom than the other 3 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). It's really early and we have a month and a half of changes and regionals. Nobody should really worried until the first regional.
  • Like 1

It's really early and we have a month and a half of changes and regionals. Nobody should really worried until the first regional.

I second that. Even though many people have declared the Bluecoats the champs already and others worried about being knocked out of finals keep in mind it's not even July yet. A four point difference right now can be overcome by finals. A 1 point difference from anyone means almost nothing right now. Troopers, Colts, Crossmen, Boston, Blue Stars and Madison are all vulnerable at this point. Hard to say about BK considering their show isn't complete. Point being just enjoy the season and worry in Allentown.

Also to add a little perspective; when I marched in xmen 98, at DATR the Blue Knights beat us by 4 points and the Kiwanis Kavaliers were 3 points behind us. Less than a month later at Semi-Finals Kiwanis was 13 points behind us and BK 1 point behind us. Things are going to shift.

Edited by jbeatty89

I have only seen BAC live. Looks like they have changed a few things after viewing the show on (PS) last night in PA. I would think more good things to come.

Which is odd because the source material literally writes itself in terms of music and GE. But it's not clicking. We have no Don Quixote, no Sancho, no people riding on donkeys to battle. Right now it's like "BAC's Giant Windmill Chaos Summer Tour 2016".

Saw this on reddit, made me laugh. :laugh:

In all seriousness. BAC is doing fine.

I believe in you Boston. I did opening night, still do now. Lots of corps stepping up their games this year, including you guys. Just work as hard is it is possible, let the show develop, and leave it all out there.

I feel like this shows fate lies in the middle 6 minutes, that was obviously unfinished, and I feel like that is where the soul of this show lies in terms of the source, I feel like when it gets fleshed out, their scores will really start to climb.

I feel ya, I've been on this bus before. You can't stop supporting and can't stop believing if you're a fan. This is when they need you most!

• Like 1