Boston Crusaders 2016

Funny cartoon ( haha!).. but I'll remind you that Its the state of Texas that has people there wanting to secede and be cut off from the rest of Us Uniteds ( lol!)

I mean... is it really that bad of an idea?

#Texit2016

• Like 1

My hope is that BAC will fly by Crossmen, but I would think that we should be paying close attention to Crossmen. They returned to finals in 2012 and in 2014 and 2015 they were always the corps people predicted needed to sweat a bit. I do not see Crossmen falling from finals and a 10th place finish is not unrealistic. They could improve, or they could plateau, but there is no denying, at least to me, they are stronger this year, they are younger, and momentum is on their side. I think what we are doing now is the beginning of a rise for Crossmen.

I agree. Crossmen's show is much stronger than BAC's this year. I am honestly left scratching my head at all the poor design choices that have been made by the staff in this year's BAC show. They are in big trouble and could very well miss finals. I'm honestly shocked at the poor construction of this program and the many senseless design elements. The windmills, for one, add nothing and they all look like they are broken.

Edited by henry7184

I agree. Crossmen's show is much stronger than BAC's this year..

I agree. Crossmen's show is much stronger than BAC's this year. I am honestly left scratching my head at all the poor design choices that have been made by the staff in this year's BAC show. They are in big trouble and could very well miss finals. I'm honestly shocked at the poor construction of this program and the many senseless design elements. The windmills, for one, add nothing and they all look like they are broken.

Hmnnn.. I 'd say this is a bit harsh, as the judges don't agree with you on the Crossmen's show design being better than Boston's right now... as Boston's GE scores have been higher than the Crossmen's GE scores. If the design of Boston's show was even half as bad as you are attempting to make it out to be, then we all would see it in Crossmen's better GE scores compared to Boston's GE scores. The fact we don't currently see this from the GE judges however is far more telling regarding the comparison you have chosen to make between the 2 show designs here on Boston's thread. That said, this is not where Boston wants to be. No disrespect to the Crossmen, as they are improved this season. But Crossmen havn't finished ahead of Boston in 14 years. This is an unusual placement position Boston is currently in. Since '99 they have been in 5th-10th.. no lower than 10th. Boston will fix what needs to be fixed, imo... including better practice habits, and better execution is all facets of their on field performance in the coming weeks.

Edited by BRASSO

Hmnnn.. I 'd say this is a bit harsh, as the judges don't agree with you on the Crossmen's show design being better than Boston's right now... as Boston's GE scores have been higher than the Crossmen's GE scores. If the design of Boston's show was even half as bad as you are attempting to make it out to be, then we all would see it in Crossmen's better GE scores compared to Boston's GE scores. The fact we don't currently see this from the GE judges however is far more telling regarding the comparison you have chosen to make between the 2 show designs here on Boston's thread. That said, this is not where Boston wants to be. No disrespect to the Crossmen, as they are improved this season. Boston will fix what needs to be fixed... including better execution is all facets of their on field performance in the coming weeks.

I'm confused as to what you are talking about. Crossmen took GE tonight 30. to 28.6. Last night was 27.9 to 27.1. Trend seems to be going the opposite of what you're saying? (I had just looked at the recap before reading your comment so I went back to look to see if I'd read it wrong, then looked at last nights too)

I'm confused as to what you are talking about. Crossmen took GE tonight 30. to 28.6. Last night was 27.9 to 27.1.

I had to find out where you were getting these recaps... I found it. It appears the judges have split the GE scores 2-2 the last 4 shows between these 2 Corps, with essentially neither Corps putting in their planned major changes. My remarks were in reply to your remarks above. I'll keep it as is, with the retraction that Boston topped Crossmen in GE these last 2 recent nites.

Edited by BRASSO

I had to find out where you were getting these recaps... I found it. It appears the judges have split the GE scores 2-2 the last 4 shows between these 2 Corps, with essentially neither Corps putting in their planned major changes. My remarks were in reply to your remarks above. I'll keep it as is, with the retraction that Boston topped Crossmen in GE these last 2 recent nites.

I haven't made any other remarks in this thread 😊 And I think you meant Crossmen topped Boston in the most recent scores. 😜 I didn't look at any other recaps before that so I'll take your word for it.

For motivational purposes only. For any Boston current marchers and staffers on this Boston Crusaders thread:

1999 : Boston lost to the Crossmen on 7/8 by 4.10 points

Boston lost to the Crossmen on 7/31 by 4.20 points ( thats right... 7/31 )

Boston lost 11 out of 12 head to head competitions with the Crossmen that year... by as much as a whopping 8.80 points too.

The ONLY time Boston topped the Crossmen in 1999 was on Finals Night at the DCI Championships. Boston topped the Crossmen by 1.80 points on Finals Nite ...... to finish in 10th place that season. Its not over until the final second is over at Finals Night.... or until they tell you you can't go any more.. and even THEN, its not over. Its NEVER over . Remember this.

Edited by BRASSO

For motivational purposes only. For any Boston current marchers and staffers on this Boston Crusaders thread:

1999 : Boston lost to the Crossmen on 7/8 by 4.10 points

Boston lost to the Crossmen on 7/31 by 4.20 points ( thats right... 7/31 )

Boston lost 11 out of 12 head to head competitions with the Crossmen that year... by as much as a whopping 8.80 points too.

The ONLY time Boston topped the Crossmen in 1999 was on Finals Night at the DCI Championships. Boston topped the Crossmen by 1.80 points on Finals Nite ...... to finish in 10th place that season. Its not over until the final second is over at Finals Night.... or until they tell you you can't go any more.. and even THEN, its not over. Its NEVER over . Remember this.

Actually Boston ended in 9th in finals in 1999. Xmen fell to 10th.

• Like 1

I don't think the drill is the biggest problem for Boston. Obviously I'm just giving my opinion and have no clue what judges are saying. But to me, the pacing of the show is the worst part. Either it developed too fast or two slow. I either lose interest or want more. Looking at drill in a vacuum, I like most of it and enjoy all the windmills. If they change a bunch of drill it will only put a bandaid on the bigger issues... In my opinion.

Edited by ComeHomeShane

I didn't say Crossmen's show is much stronger than Boston Crusaders. I said we need to be watching them closely this year because they are young and have talent. While I do think changes need to be made to BAC's show, I do not think the show is poorly constructed and I do not think it contains many senseless design elements.