Boston Crusaders 2016

Well done in Annapolis Boston! Not that a score means everything but it does mean something and that number was needed if only to validate to the MM's that all their hard work can pay off.

It also keeps things really interesting in the 10 - 14 group. Keep up the hard work and clean clean clean and be loud loud loud.

• Like 4

An appeal to posters on DCP: Can I ask that posters keep in mind that this is a non profit youth activity. The kids pay money to participate, work incredibly hard in the boiling sun, practice for long hours, perform for you and then take over-night bus trips to do it all over again. The organization raises money, contributes money and does everything that they can to provide a great experience for the kids and hopefully the fans. Perhaps these kids on the bus trip to the next stop pull up DCP on their phone and they read your post. I can only imagine how deflating that is. They are not paid professionals, this is not Major league sports in the sense that they are being paid big salaries and under performing for you. They are just really good kids working hard every day to make their show better. You may not like the show, you may disagree with the design, you may not think they are putting out enough for your satisfaction but they are working hard at their craft every day. The constant recycling of the same negative complaints is pretty tough. Perhaps you have made your point by now? The season is almost over and I am asking, on behalf of the kids and their parents, to be please keep all of this is mind. You can always send me a PM and tell me whatever you want. I have been at this with BAC for 38 years and I know first hand that we are not perfect. I know some of you marched or taught the corps, some support the competition and wish to benefit by knocking the kids. If you are an alum, please think back to when you marched and someone either put you down or perhaps lifted you up. If you disagree or want to bash me - please send me a PM and I promise I will take all of your constructive critique and feed it back to the organization. Have a great rest of the season!

Edited by SuperSaderFan
  • Like 7

An appeal to posters on DCP: Can I ask that posters keep in mind that this is a non profit youth activity. The kids pay money to participate, work incredibly hard in the boiling sun, practice for long hours, perform for you and then take over-night bus trips to do it all over again. The organization raises money, contributes money and does everything that they can to provide a great experience for the kids and hopefully the fans. Perhaps these kids on the bus trip to the next stop pull up DCP on their phone and they read your post. I can only imagine how deflating that is. They are not paid professionals, this is not Major league sports in the sense that they are being paid big salaries and under performing for you. They are just really good kids working hard every day to make their show better. You may not like the show, you may disagree with the design, you may not think they are putting out enough for your satisfaction but they are working hard at their craft every day. The constant recycling of the same negative complaints is pretty tough. Perhaps you have made your point by now? The season is almost over and I am asking, on behalf of the kids and their parents, to be please keep all of this is mind. You can always send me a PM and tell me whatever you want. I have been at this with BAC for 38 years and I know first hand that we are not perfect. I know some of you marched or taught the corps, some support the competition and wish to benefit by knocking the kids. If you are an alum, please think back to when you marched and someone either put you down or perhaps lifted you up. If you disagree or want to bash me - please send me a PM and I promise I will take all of your constructive critique and feed it back to the organization. Have a great rest of the season!

Seems anyone who may have had a comment has done it with respect . Have you read other corps threads? ( Barneveld ) this is what I was talking about.

With that said , all corps do have good kids and all top to bottom work very hard. I would debate on how many actually come on DCP now a days but that's another topic. I could agree or disagree with your assessment on how people have been on this thread BUT will just say what's good for one is good for all.

BAC has an opportunity for a last surge as do others. My advice would only be , don't lose focus, clean, keep your eye on where you want to be for this year and enjoy and go for it. Things are certainly within reach.

Edited by GUARDLING

I remember 'back in the day' when the only feedback members would receive was from Drum Corps World's weekly printed reviews. :) Now cell phones and social media allow members and fans (or non-fans) to be in constant contact. Honestly, I think this takes away from the beauty of drum and bugle corps. It so incredibly important for staff members to express the importance of focusing on the 'here and now' and ignoring the outside world because, believe it or not, the summer is over in a flash and a lack of focus will only allow regret to creep in after the last note is played and you're back home in your own bed. Scores and placement are only a fictitious assessment of success, while the day-to-day hard work and the lifelong relationships acquired are the only REAL things you'll take away from a summer marching drum corps. Relationships, growth, and maturity formed while marching have longevity, placements and scores fizzle away quickly.

I hope BAC is in great spirit and continues to spin positivity daily! Out of all of my years marching and teaching I felt the most at home and with family at BAC!! Love you guys..

Edited by themesofd
  • Like 1

I remember 'back in the day' when the only feedback members would receive was from Drum Corps World's weekly printed reviews. :) Now cell phones and social media allow members and fans (or non-fans) to be in constant contact. Honestly, I think this takes away from the beauty of drum and bugle corps. It so incredibly important for staff members to express the importance of focusing on the 'here and now' and ignoring the outside world because, believe it or not, the summer is over in a flash and a lack of focus will only allow regret to creep in after the last note is played and you're back home in your own bed. Scores and placement are only a fictitious assessment of success, while the day-to-day hard work and the lifelong relationships acquired are the only REAL things you'll take away from a summer marching drum corps. Relationships, growth, and maturity formed while marching have longevity, placements and scores fizzle away quickly.

I hope BAC is in great spirit and continues to spin positivity daily! Out of all of my years marching and teaching I felt the most at home and with family at BAC!! Love you guys..

Dennis

Staff 08-10

You are so right about the drum corps world days..lol..made me think. It is what it is I suppose. I remember the days before the internet when we ran each year to see what a corps was doing..lol..often the same from another year..lol..Not today. 2 days after championship there will be those who want , or feel they have the right to know what a corps is already doing for the 2017 year..lol

Youre right about the rest also.

You are so right about the drum corps world days..lol..made me think. It is what it is I suppose. I remember the days before the internet when we ran each year to see what a corps was doing..lol..often the same from another year..lol..Not today. 2 days after championship there will be those who want , or feel they have the right to know what a corps is already doing for the 2017 year..lol

Youre right about the rest also.

2 days, really?? There are people NOW, who want that! ;) lol

• Like 1

Just to be clear, the kids are in very strong spirits, they are not down - they are focused on improving their performance level. From my perspective, BAC has had their best touring season ever. From planning to operations, fleet & food, volunteers, housing sites & stadiums, brand new Yamaha equipment, staff & coverage, commitment to school & free days, incredible experiences including performing with the Pops, and they have worked incredibly smart & hard as a team. Organizationally we have never been stronger: Inspire Arts & Music is in sound financial shape including a building, Music festival business, New Great East Music Store (GEMS) retail store partnership with Yamaha (official dealer in Boston), partnership with SAC, local programs with HyPE - Hyde Park Percussion and Hyde Park Brass (free to kids off the street), and the Fleetwood deal announced yesterday. We have strong leadership in Executive Director Chris Holland (in just his first year) and a supportive 45 person BOD. We are not limping home to Boston, we will be roaring into Quincy, Allentown, Buffalo, Erie and Indi. I expect performance levels to keep improving with the cleaning and performance tuning that is underway. We will fight through the end and finish as strong as we can. We are Building A Champion and will continue to look at what we need to do to get there, including listening to our fans, supporters and in some cases the counter view.

• Like 5

Just to be clear, the kids are in very strong spirits, they are not down - they are focused on improving their performance level. From my perspective, BAC has had their best touring season ever. From planning to operations, fleet & food, volunteers, housing sites & stadiums, brand new Yamaha equipment, staff & coverage, commitment to school & free days, incredible experiences including performing with the Pops, and they have worked incredibly smart & hard as a team. Organizationally we have never been stronger: Inspire Arts & Music is in sound financial shape including a building, Music festival business, New Great East Music Store (GEMS) retail store partnership with Yamaha (official dealer in Boston), partnership with SAC, local programs with HyPE - Hyde Park Percussion and Hyde Park Brass (free to kids off the street), and the Fleetwood deal announced yesterday. We have strong leadership in Executive Director Chris Holland (in just his first year) and a supportive 45 person BOD. We are not limping home to Boston, we will be roaring into Quincy, Allentown, Buffalo, Erie and Indi. I expect performance levels to keep improving with the cleaning and performance tuning that is underway. We will fight through the end and finish as strong as we can. We are Building A Champion and will continue to look at what we need to do to get there, including listening to our fans, supporters and in some cases the counter view.

me thinks the woman protests too much.

evidently love is blind if one can not hear criticism and not be defensive but rather take the insight offered (no matter what the style it is rendered) and objectively evaluate it for postive worth not for ooey-goey sensitive feelings.