Boston Crusaders 2016

I couldn't stage a play in my own garage. So, I'm not in a position to criticize any group. I think what we're seeing is that the depth in quality (and competition) has expanded well beyond the Top 12. There is just so little margin for a misstep. A number of corps this year had various challenges with their shows this season - BAC is in good company with Madison and Cadets who have done major re-works relatively late in the season. Even BK was slow out of the gate and didn't have their show completed much later than usual. All of the groups have been amazing in their refusal to take no for an answer. Anything could still happen.

The important thing to remember is that this activity in large part is about the skills and character development of the members. The corps that have worked to overcome obstacles have had an incredible lesson in resilience - a quality that will serve them all well throughout life. All should be applauded for exhibiting grit and pushing right to the end. Everyone likes to win. But BAC and the other corps should be proud regardless of placement.

This.

I'm interested in the windmills - has this been discussed already?

How is the mechanism activated? Is there a gear that is hand cranked?

I really like the look of the windmills, but it would be neat if they could all be activated to rotate in a somewhat unison manner --

Boston's props from 2015 were very interesting - I was hoping for more GE from this year's windmills --

Regarding the windmills..they actually have battery powered electronic clock mechanisms which are switched on by guard members at certain points in the show. They can be moving in unison (such as the first big hit of the show) or staggered or even counter-rotating, such as later in the show. The blades themselves are also counterbalanced and there are several drill sets which occur during the show which are actually the same exact windmill shape...such as the opening set of the show. Many of these can only be seen from a very high GE box...such as one might expect to find at Lucas Oil.

Also, as has been mentioned before, the windmills house (thus can keep out of sight) over 200 pieces of guard equipment.

• Like 2

Regarding the windmills..they actually have battery powered electronic clock mechanisms which are switched on by guard members at certain points in the show. They can be moving in unison (such as the first big hit of the show) or staggered or even counter-rotating, such as later in the show. The blades themselves are also counterbalanced and there are several drill sets which occur during the show which are actually the same exact windmill shape...such as the opening set of the show. Many of these can only be seen from a very high GE box...such as one might expect to find at Lucas Oil.

Also, as has been mentioned before, the windmills house (thus can keep out of sight) over 200 pieces of guard equipment.

I find it ironic that many different folks have been complaining about the windmills NOT moving in unison while all along this has been the intention by design...lol

• Like 2

Well put by all. Windmill effect all so reflects the mind set of Don Q and is also reflected in the voice they added in a few weeks ago. Nice layering.

Several of the photos shown on the corps FB page this season have had the sleeper bus in them. Last year was the first year for the bus, but there was talk of adding another one or two after there was new ones designed/built that would hold more than the 32 (?) that this bus holds. The powers to be were looking into finding means to use them in the off season if they were to purchase one. Anyone have any input on this issue?