Boston Crusaders 2016

I'm not really happy with the location myself...I haven't been back to Indiana since 2008...there was just nothing there that interested me...Years ago when they had rotating locations for championships I'd work my vacations around them...since it's been in Indy I haven't bothered to go to finals since Bloomington...I usually go to a-town but this year I did a TOC show at chester PA instead...

I have not been to IND. I think the last one or two was NY and Mass. Rather spend a week with the corps around the fourth July. It is getting rather nice with BC, Tanglewood Etc. I think the Tall ships will be around next 4th july (017).

Edited by emc2

I feel like DCI needs to go back to putting "Summer Music Games" in the background and having it at arrowhead stadium..... Lol

Housing in Greater Kansas City almost rivaled Jackson, Miss. for how bad it was for most corps. Second year was no better than the first.

The brown, brown dirt fields were almost tumbleweed, the showers and cafeterias had roaches, and those were very hot summers in both places all years.

Most of the corps back then stayed in hotels, used the pools, and had to use local eateries.

We may be thinking different times. I'm referring to the 80's. after being in schools for years, they went to hotels at nationals in the 80's.

I wish for you the best of performances and results, Crusaders. I want to say I hope you do yourselves, your organization, and alumni proud. But I don't think I need to...I know you will.

Given that we're already 17 years into the new century (counting from Jan. 1, 2000), it's getting so on DCP that we have to distinguish by who is remembering the 1880's, the 1980's, and the years from a galaxy and time warp far, far way. :augen51:

Housing in Greater Kansas City almost rivaled Jackson, Miss. for how bad it was for most corps. Second year was no better than the first.

The brown, brown dirt fields were almost tumbleweed, the showers and cafeterias had roaches, and those were very hot summers in both places all years.

I remember the summer DCI was in KC. It was ridiculously hot that year everywhere. For 3 weeks on tour, no place we went was under 100 degrees. Even Montreal. In KC, kids were getting burned by grounded cymbals and bugles when they picked them up. I heard the turf temp during prelims was 145 degrees. I am all for rotating finals but along with the show itself, the rehearsal facilities are as important.

Given that we're already 17 years into the new century (counting from Jan. 1, 2000), it's getting so on DCP that we have to distinguish by who is remembering the 1880's, the 1980's, and the years from a galaxy and time warp far, far way. :augen51:

I have a hard time lately remembering lunch from yesterday!

You can't predict that. Heck even the band directors don't know that stuff until the school board puts it up to vote.

Exact dates, no. But if a whole state tends to be doing something, it shouldnt be that hard to see the winds blowing that direction.

Best of luck on the coming days Boston.

I was blown away at the improvement in Allentown and really came around to the show. Seems like they are peaking at the right time.

Kudos to those performers. They are selling this show now for all its highs and lows. Opening and closing moments were some of my favorites this past weekend.