Boston Crusaders 2016

Not sure of BAC's total number of drill sets, but 50 pages of new drill along with new windmill staging has begun. This year is turning out to be ferociously competitive. The members' morale right now is sky high, and they are getting better by the day.

So if Boston does about 50 new pages of drill that's dam close to half their show. Unbelievable.

depends a lot on the drill writer but I cant believe BAC only has 100 pages. probably more like 200. i know crown typically has 225-250.

If we are to believe corpsband's numbers...which I do...then 50 pages of new drill equates to about 25%... if the total is 200 and the percentage is even less than that if more total drill sets...

• Like 1

If we are to believe corpsband's numbers...which I do...then 50 pages of new drill equates to about 25%... if the total is 200 and the percentage is even less than that if more total drill sets...

yeah 50 sets sounds like one production to me.

anyhow glad to hear about the rewrites. clutter was little bit of an issue.

this show caught me by surprise when i saw it live. i kinda hate reworking old material and Man of La Mancha has certainly been worked over plenty. but the arrangements are wonderfully fresh, the windmills really work well, and the kids are performing the show well. one my favorite shows this year.

• Like 2

The corps management and design team will do what is necessary to position the members for success. I continue to have great confidence in this staff and these members. I've seen them at work, and I remain supremely confident that BAC will continue to grow throughout the season.

• Like 2

The corps management and design team will do what is necessary to position the members for success. I continue to have great confidence in this staff and these members. I've seen them at work, and I remain supremely confident that BAC will continue to grow throughout the season.

Hey all. Back from the Cape had fun swimming with the sharks and seals at coastguard beach. I agree with you Craig (staff/management/Kids. Will bring it). Nothing else has changed. Why would BAC be out of finals (Good show as always) like i said last week nothing they can not handle. I see a lot of good press going around about the show theme and Keyboard player. I think her name is Anna. Over 1.5m+ views. just hit the British press. Had a good wright up by Prisclla Frank Arts and culture. Writes for the Huttington Post LA. Boston is generating a lot of good press for it's self, DCI and drum corps in general world wide. Also a lot of good stuff that came out Tanglewood. It seems that a lot out side drum corps get it.

Edited by emc2
  • Like 1

Curious to see what happens with rewrites. Being proactive won't really hurt them since they won't be at the regional Saturday making the impact in San Antonio. Question will be can Crossmen also change to stay ahead or will Boston fly by?

If you look at what Boston has done over the pass several years at the end of the year with their production (They have a lot going on all through-out their show all around). IMO yes plus others. Note: I think Crossmen are better than they have been over the pass few years. The talent of todays kids is awesome. I would like to see the day anyone in the top 12 could win.

Curious to see what happens with rewrites. Being proactive won't really hurt them since they won't be at the regional Saturday making the impact in San Antonio. Question will be can Crossmen also change to stay ahead or will Boston fly by?

My hope is that BAC will fly by Crossmen, but I would think that we should be paying close attention to Crossmen. They returned to finals in 2012 and in 2014 and 2015 they were always the corps people predicted needed to sweat a bit. I do not see Crossmen falling from finals and a 10th place finish is not unrealistic. They could improve, or they could plateau, but there is no denying, at least to me, they are stronger this year, they are younger, and momentum is on their side. I think what we are doing now is the beginning of a rise for Crossmen.

I notice on the corps FB page that it's about a 2:45 trip to tonight's show. Is it tough to find housing closer to the show site which allows more practice time?

Edited by Ghost

I notice on the corps FB that it's about a 2:45 trip to tonight's show. Is it tough to find housing closer to the show site which allows more practice time?

In a podcast I recently listened to, it is apparently pretty hard to find housing in Florida because of an issue with the overnight stuff.