Boston Crusaders 2016

Boston show with Anna has reach 23.7m views.

Great to hear. How is the corps doing? Looks like many corps behind them aren't so far behind them. Are they still making changes or are they cleaning? They should be cleaning their tails off!!!

Great to hear. How is the corps doing? Looks like many corps behind them aren't so far behind them. Are they still making changes or are they cleaning? They should be cleaning their tails off!!!

(Over my head. I have know idea). The kids have been working hard from day one. Are you watching tonight. I will not be I have things to do. If you are let me know what you think. IMO GE and music scores have to rise (GE is a big issue).

(Over my head. I have know idea). The kids have been working hard from day one. Are you watching tonight. I will not be I have things to do. If you are let me know what you think. IMO GE and music scores have to rise (GE is a big issue).

GE i agree. I have watched and listened to the show a sample of times. My opinion the GE would break thrm into scores more reflective to the talent there.

Boston, your performance levels in Atlanta last night were off the charts! Continue to OWN this show, and keep the pedal to the floor for the next two weeks. You have an incredible work ethic and the hearts of GIANTS. I know you CAN DO THIS! EAT'EM UP, BOSTON! !!-!-!!!

• Like 1

Boston, your performance levels in Atlanta last night were off the charts! Continue to OWN this show, and keep the pedal to the floor for the next two weeks. You have an incredible work ethic and the hearts of GIANTS. I know you CAN DO THIS! EAT'EM UP, BOSTON! !!-!-!!!

I agree with you craiga. The kids did their best show of the year last night. They are very talented /skilled and yes their show was off the charts. Should be interesting. Go BAC.

• Like 1

I agree with you craiga. The kids did their best show of the year last night. They are very talented /skilled and yes their show was off the charts. Should be interesting. Go BAC.

I'm not sure if what I am saying can be backed up with increases in scores and I don't have the time to check corpsreps, but I have found that there is substantial improvement with BAC between the last home show on a Thursday, at one time East Coast Classic, now CYO Nationals Tribute, and the years where BAC performs on Saturday in Allentown. Maybe it's the steak and lobster that I've heard they eat with alums. So it will be interesting.

I'm not sure if what I am saying can be backed up with increases in scores and I don't have the time to check corpsreps, but I have found that there is substantial improvement with BAC between the last home show on a Thursday, at one time East Coast Classic, now CYO Nationals Tribute, and the years where BAC performs on Saturday in Allentown. Maybe it's the steak and lobster that I've heard they eat with alums. So it will be interesting.

Going back 7 years:

2015: +.05

2014: +.62 (Friday)

2013: +1.45

2012: +1.2

2011: -.5

2010: -.35 (Friday)

2009: +.35

As an aside..... I'm not sure if the steak/lobster tradition will continue this year. In the past it was donated by Mike Cahill.

Going back 7 years:

2015: +.05

2014: +.62 (Friday)

2013: +1.45

2012: +1.2

2011: -.5

2010: -.35 (Friday)

2009: +.35

Other than 12 & 13, those aren't big gains. Last July 30th, the corps had an 84.55.

Other than 12 & 13, those aren't big gains. Last July 30th, the corps had an 84.55.

Ghost, comparisons to last years numbers are useless as evidenced not only by Bostons numbers but by everyone's numbers. I'm not sure why you continue to look back and show them. Please refrain. Boston needs only to look at this years numbers and their relationship to other corps above and below, and that is not always the telling tale. What the numbers tell me, and maybe I am misunderstanding them, is that there is little to no recognized improvement, show to show as compared to their closest competition. Not seeing performance numbers, but seeing GE numbers and reading comments, is telling me there are significant design issues, which is all the more concerning given the talent level of the design staff. Here is something to ponder IMO. If a big issue was12 windmills, and a reduction was expected and warranted; why are there still 12 windmills? And another question remains but may have resolved; can the brass now be heard clearly over the electronics? Is the brass getting any louder or are they still stifled? What is holding them back from achieving the same progress as other corps that have passed them by, and others who soon may. I support Boston fully but I am getting weary of the fallback explanation and expectation of the "traditional late Boston surge". They are running out of time and the "surge" may only get them 13th. Just my opinion and armchair observations.

Ghost, comparisons to last years numbers are useless as evidenced not only by Bostons numbers but by everyone's numbers. Here is something to ponder IMO. If a big issue was12 windmills, and a reduction was expected and warranted; why are there still 12 windmills? And another question remains but may have resolved; can the brass now be heard clearly over the electronics? Is the brass getting any louder or are they still stifled? What is holding them back from achieving the same progress as other corps that have passed them by, and others who soon may. I support Boston fully but I am getting weary of the fallback explanation and expectation of the "traditional late Boston surge". They are running out of time and the "surge" may only get them 13th. Just my opinion and armchair observations.

The reason I used last years scores is because the BD and BC had 91's last night. Last 7/30 they each had 93's. Yes, two points difference, but not six points like Boston. It seems what changes they have tried haven't really helped. Double parking some windmills at the end last night didn't look visually appealing to me. It was like "just push it up against the other one." If they had visual tapes suggest, earlier in the season, to cut back the number of windmills, they must feel they can't because of the cg equipment and how the windmills are positioned. It's seems they cannot find a viable solution for now. The fact that the mm are busting their butts to sell this show is a strong testament to them. In two weeks we'll no for sure whether or not they were not given a more competitive show by M, M, & S.

Edited by Ghost