Boston Crusaders 2016

This post is all sorts of ironic.

BSG. what the issue with no profile.

Ghost Do not understand. Your comment? As i said design is great and the kid in general are not the issue. buy the way your comment about the ending at the beginning of their show was a (mess) Not at all. The only thing that is a mess is your comment.

Uh, wuhhhhhh?

It's seems they cannot find a viable solution for now. The fact that the mm are busting their butts to sell this show is a strong testament to them. In two weeks we'll no for sure whether or not they were not given a more competitive show by M, M, & S.

I hate to sound like a negative nancy...but I think we knew 2 weeks ago that "the show" from a design perspective was falling just a bit short/flat...

• Like 1

Kudos to the kids. They have been working their butts off and have done the best they can with the material.

Volume is an issue with 2016 BAC. MM age may contribute some but the designers own this one. You simply must create those brass moments.

It's La Mancha, let me here that theme loud and in my face!
​The windmills end up being a distraction and seem to fragment the continuity of the corps. To much running from set to set.

​The middle section of the show where the play the "DCI Game" is a section of lost opportunities and features.
​The corps shows it's true colors in the closer and makes one wish for more of those moments.

BAC is a good drum corps. The show is just OK drum corps.

Can someone explain to me how an MM's age, when they are college age, can limit their ability to play loud? The thing that may be limiting their ability to play loud (like the should be)is the brass team. I am not sure why they holding back. what would that be getting you at this point? Other than the opportunity to stay close to the corps ahead and catch them with awaited annual "surge". However, you're losing ground and corps behind are gaining. I don't want to be negative because there is no doubt the MM's are working hard. And they are to be commended for that. But for cripes sake, turn them loose. No more changes, clean, clean, clean, over the next 7 performances (that's all there is left to make finals). BAC needs an 80 at least tonight and get back within 2 points of Crossmen.

• Like 2

Can someone explain to me how an MM's age, when they are college age, can limit their ability to play loud?

1. Not sure how many mm in any section are college age. As mentioned before, the cg has been the older section for a few years. I'm guessing the brass and percussion have fewer actually in college mm than most of the corps ahead of them. I also feel they were a go to corps through "Rise", but have gone back to a stepping stone corps since then. There's a good chance they will not finish at least 10th this year which will hurt in the experience recruiting market. Besides age outs, they may have had other mm who marched last year just to be part of a great 75th anniversary year and didn't return.

2. It's not just Boston, who some feel do not project louder, but I've wondered for many years how the number of females may/may not hurt with volume. I know Chad worked his butt off trying to get more volume out of the mello's a few years back. After listening to the BD breathing drills though, before the brass warmed up at Tanglewood last year and how loud they are, and the number of females in their line, it might not be lung capacity. But I wouldn't have a clue to the actual answer.

3. I don't think Boston jogs to and out of formations more or less than other corps.

I believe those who have mentioned the show design are on the right track. Why major changes were not done is another discussion that may take place in the following weeks. This might be a big reason why many are stunned by the slow score progression to this point. Once again the judging community may have spoken.

Edited by Ghost

For those of you that may be interested, the following was posted on the Corps' Facebook page today..............

We're hosting another webcast tonight 7:30pm! Learn more about our life on the road, how our organization works and what we have planned for the future. Also, this is the ONLY place you can find the official recording the Boston Pops playing the corps songs of the Boston Crusaders, Bluecoats,The Cadets and Phantom Regiment. This webcast will also feature an interview with Anna Eberhart answering your questions by our very ownJdfuncorps! You can find it all on our YouTube channel here:https://www.youtube.com/user/bostoncrusaders
Edited by Barneveld

Inspire Arts & Music is proud to announce that it has been selected to run Fleetwood Sounds, a leader in providing historical recordings to the drum corps activity. We are grateful for the leadership of board member Michael J. Woodall in acquiring this precious asset....................................

Read more about the aquisition here: http://bostoncrusaders.org/2016/08/fleetwood-sounds-added-to-inspire-arts-music-portfolio/