Boston Crusaders 2016

I'm not sure I see a "tendency to peak" during Finals week. 2013 BAC moved up a spot from Regionals, but in 2014 they declined and 2015 they were static. Maybe I have to look further back to see this "tendency" ... But then is it a "tendency"? Maybe they will this year, I have liked the show since I first saw it, but it has not been generally well received by the judging community.

In 2012 it looked as if BAC would be a solid 8th place finisher, but they placed 7th.

In 2012 it looked as if BAC would be a solid 8th place finisher, but they placed 7th.

In 2012 BAC placed 7th in two of the regionals, including Atlanta. Was 8th in Quarters and Semis, and finished 7th at finals. This was a strong finish, but they were fluctuating between 7th and 8th that season, or were the two 7ths in regionals just flukes?

Who can tell what will happen this year. Looks like there are more great corps than can fit into 12 final slots.

As I hear often, past performance is not an indicator of future results.

In 2012 BAC placed 7th in two of the regionals, including Atlanta. Was 8th in Quarters and Semis, and finished 7th at finals. This was a strong finish, but they were fluctuating between 7th and 8th that season, or were the two 7ths in regionals just flukes?

Who can tell what will happen this year. Looks like there are more great corps than can fit into 12 final slots.

This is a very different year. Looks like to me the past two shows (PA) were judged differently. It should be a interesting ending.

Could Boston 2016 pull a Crossmen 2012? A show with lots of changes that didn't seem to come together until the end of the season with a spectacular semi-finals performance. It's not the "welcome back to finals" enthusiasm like Crossmen '12, but the late season surge and the determination I'm seeing with the corps members reminds me of that year.

Edited by bluesman

This is a very different year. Looks like to me the past two shows (PA) were judged differently. It should be a interesting ending.

Yeah, the Quincy show got the Cavies right, but each of the other corps had big jumps that were not sustained in the next show. It was a small panel as well, so somethings might have been missed.

Could Boston 2016 pull a Crossmen 2012? A show with lots of changes that didn't seem to come together until the end of the season with a spectacular semi-finals performance. It's not the "welcome back to finals" enthusiasm like Crossmen '12, but the late season surge and the determination I'm seeing with the corps members reminds me of that year.

All the kids do a great job. It blows my mine how talented these kids are. IMO. IT would be great if Academy makes 12th place and Boston surges above were they place last year. If anyone can do it the kids from BAC can.

• Like 1

Looks like to me the past two shows (PA) were judged differently. It should be a interesting ending.

How so since others have said the judges were the same? As an example, Jeff P still did field percussion both nights.

Cavies got off to a rough start in 2012 and surged, Madison got too close for comfort (I'd have to check corpsreps to see if they did beat them, I can't recall). That would be my justifying a finals surge. Ncidentwlly Cavies had a good run that night too, so it wasn't due to an off night.

Regarding the validity of past prrformances indicating future results, it's a lot like comparing different shows with different judges. Sometimes it's spot on, other times way off, depends on the corps and circumstance.

Regarding BAC, I've been to finals seven times, I've seen BAC perform in six of them. Each time their finals performance has been their best of the year and they give it all they have which may be why some claim there is a surge at finals, which is probably true for most corps. My guess is that for BAC this year, their most passionate performance will be on Friday at semi's, much like Crossmen in 2012. As great as their finals performance was, that semi's performance was the show that moved me.

Edited by Tim K

I see on today's schedule the corps travels overnight to the Indy. World Sports Park. Google Earth doesn't show a nearby school (unless I missed one), so are they heading back to Carmel for finals week housing/rehearsals?