Boston Crusaders 2016

Are they playing selections from the musical? Or building their own La Mancha imagery and sources? The image is Picasso's painting of Don Quixote, which has been used as an album cover for Man of La Mancha broadway recordings before.

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I would think the Crusaders would be doing songs from this Musical, but then again, with the rather difficult music copyright issues of today, who really knows. We'll find out soon enough however.

Edited by BRASSO

I am very happy to see that Boston is the first to announce their program for 2016. They have not done that before if memory serves me. It is also nice to see

Boston announce their design teams this early as well and I can only deduce they are moving fast and aggressively toward next year. I should think this would

allow Boston's staff much time to tinker with programming and show design, to get them very competitive next season. I am very interested to learn if the show

in any way will be a literal translation or reproduction of the stage production or something unique in design like Animal Farm or even a type of production BD hasdone in the recent past on their programs. with Jay Murphy's involvement, I am thinking more along those lines. we'll see. Good Luck to BAC.

Just my gut feeling, but with the so-so shows recently, the hype to accept these shows by the decision makers, and the forward and upward thought process of the BOD, the new folks in charge might be putting the hammer down. I think they know it's going to take a few years to climb to higher placements, so it's time to get more organized and start climbing that ladder.

It used to be for BAC, making the DCI TOP 12 would be as Joe Biden might say.. " this is a big ####### deal" . But since doing so 16 years ago now, the Boston Crusaders have been solidly in the TOP 10 each and every year since then now. With some great shows along the way during these years too. But finishing in the bottom tier of that TOP 10 each of the last few years is placement stagnant now. I think they know this too at the Boston Crusaders. And they appear to be addressing this too with some terrific staff hires lately. But.....only time will really tell.

Edited by BRASSO

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I would think the Crusaders would be doing songs from this Musical, but then again, with the rather difficult music copyright issues of today, who really knows. We'll find out soon enough however.

That's where your Grand Inquisitor role comes in, Senor Brasso.

Edited by xandandl

Are they playing selections from the musical? Or building their own La Mancha imagery and sources? The image is Picasso's painting of Don Quixote, which has been used as an album cover for Man of La Mancha broadway recordings before.

That imagery is a bit ironic as well...Boston's "A Picasso Suite" from 2007 comes to mind...of course their other two Latin flavor shows which they did quite well with "Red" and "Bravo!" ...I wonder as well are they going to explore the musical or go on some other more lain music feel type of track...then they also explored this music in 1989...as far as actual Broadway revivals I think that was circa 2002 for this musical...so many possibilities...and as other have said very Boston...BAC does Latin genre well...I'm excited for them!

That imagery is a bit ironic as well...Boston's "A Picasso Suite" from 2007 comes to mind...of course their other two Latin flavor shows which they did quite well with "Red" and "Bravo!" ...I wonder as well are they going to explore the musical or go on some other more lain music feel type of track...then they also explored this music in 1989...as far as actual Broadway revivals I think that was circa 2002 for this musical...so many possibilities...and as other have said very Boston...BAC does Latin genre well...I'm excited for them!

In the annual (some times bi-annual) thread on what corps should play, I'm still holding out hope that some corps (Boston/Madison wheel house in my opinion) to play "Scarlet Pimpernel" complete with an 18th century war ship during the playing of "Into The Fire." It is a shade of red!

• Like 1

There better be windmills again!

Could be time will tell all.