Boston Crusaders 2016

Firstly...I stated a QUESTION...I didn't say Lamar was out...I was asking does this mean he is out...

Secondly....here is your explanation...I came to the conclusion based upon the following that was stated by "3rd& 10" and posted on September 7th, 2015 at 2:08pm in this thread and NOT refuted by anyone from the BAC camp at all as being an inaccurate statement.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/163113-boston-crusaders-2016/?view=findpost&p=3501038

yes you are right. My above comment TBA.

A couple thoughts....first, regarding Eddy Falcon: I got to know him and observe him in action with BAC during 2010 and 2011. He is as good as his Cadets credentials would suggest. Glad to see him back. He obviously knows Brian Murphy and worked successfully with him in the past, so this hire makes perfect sense.

Regarding Lamar...I think very highly of him and my impression is that he is still involved with the BAC/Inspire. I believe that he is involved with the marketing/branding of the corps. I am not in the inner sanctum of decision-making at BAC, but the BOD and Exec Director Chris Holland seem intent on broadening the depth on the staff, both on and off the field. I think it is a matter of which staff fits best where. As for Lamar, I think most folks would agree that his BAC guards (particularly in 2013 & 2014) definitely set a high standard. Also, I'm not sure he actually taught Blessed Sac...I may be wrong, but I think his involvement there was again more of Inspire organizational connections, but if I am incorrect, feel free to correct me!

I think all of the staff announcements thus far for BAC have been nothing short of stellar, but if anyone is waiting for me to exclaim "They're gonna be for real this year!" etc, it's not going to happen. :)

Only because I routinely mock the homers of other corps who expect a staff hire to propel them into top three, etc. :tounge2:

Back to back 10th place finishes in an incredibly competitive environment makes the climb a challenge, but the organization has faced much more daunting tasks in the past and has risen to the occasion.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 4

I think all of the staff announcements thus far for BAC have been nothing short of stellar, but if anyone is waiting for me to exclaim "They're gonna be for real this year!" etc, it's not going to happen. :)

Only because I routinely mock the homers of other corps who expect a staff hire to propel them into top three, etc. :tounge2:

Back to back 10th place finishes in an incredibly competitive environment makes the climb a challenge, but the organization has faced much more daunting tasks in the past and has risen to the occasion.

The importance of "adult designed shows" compared to the talent of mm has been discussed heavily recently. At this junction prior to the audition season, I'm guessing the corps will have a more acceptable show for the judges, so it might be important to get an upgrade of talent. Let's hope the early announcement of MOL will change the minds of potential mm who might have stayed away after the past two years productions/results.

Marty O'Donnell added to music team for BAC

Marty O'Donnell added to music team for BAC

So there have been many changes, adds, role changes too? What does the instructional org chart look like now; from the design team down? It appears this is a high quality staff. That said it all boils down to top quality, EXECUTABLE design, solidified by high quality execution. In other words, sophisticated, intelligent, cleanable that gets cleaned. Kudos to the leadership getting this put together this early in the off season.
  • Like 1

Release on O'Donnell below.

Doesn't have a drum corps background. Should be very interesting. Gamer nerds are going crazy, that's for sure.

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2015/10/boston-crusaders-welcome-marty-odonnell-music-composer-of-halo-destiny-video-games/

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

Release on O'Donnell below.

Doesn't have a drum corps background. Should be very interesting. Gamer nerds are going crazy, that's for sure.

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2015/10/boston-crusaders-welcome-marty-odonnell-music-composer-of-halo-destiny-video-games/

I'm not sure how he will handle it. But as a band staffer and a band parent I'm seeing a ven diagram of bandos and gamers that is almost a perfect circle. The idea seems great from a viral marketing and recruitment perspective.

• Like 3