Boston Crusaders 2016

A couple thoughts....first, regarding Eddy Falcon: I got to know him and observe him in action with BAC during 2010 and 2011. He is as good as his Cadets credentials would suggest. Glad to see him back. He obviously knows Brian Murphy and worked successfully with him in the past, so this hire makes perfect sense.

Regarding Lamar...I think very highly of him and my impression is that he is still involved with the BAC/Inspire. I believe that he is involved with the marketing/branding of the corps. I am not in the inner sanctum of decision-making at BAC, but the BOD and Exec Director Chris Holland seem intent on broadening the depth on the staff, both on and off the field. I think it is a matter of which staff fits best where. As for Lamar, I think most folks would agree that his BAC guards (particularly in 2013 & 2014) definitely set a high standard. Also, I'm not sure he actually taught Blessed Sac...I may be wrong, but I think his involvement there was again more of Inspire organizational connections, but if I am incorrect, feel free to correct me!

I think all of the staff announcements thus far for BAC have been nothing short of stellar, but if anyone is waiting for me to exclaim "They're gonna be for real this year!" etc, it's not going to happen. :)

Only because I routinely mock the homers of other corps who expect a staff hire to propel them into top three, etc. :tounge2:

Back to back 10th place finishes in an incredibly competitive environment makes the climb a challenge, but the organization has faced much more daunting tasks in the past and has risen to the occasion.

A couple thoughts....first, regarding Eddy Falcon: I got to know him and observe him in action with BAC during 2010 and 2011. He is as good as his Cadets credentials would suggest. Glad to see him back. He obviously knows Brian Murphy and worked successfully with him in the past, so this hire makes perfect sense.

Regarding Lamar...I think very highly of him and my impression is that he is still involved with the BAC/Inspire. I believe that he is involved with the marketing/branding of the corps. I am not in the inner sanctum of decision-making at BAC, but the BOD and Exec Director Chris Holland seem intent on broadening the depth on the staff, both on and off the field. I think it is a matter of which staff fits best where. As for Lamar, I think most folks would agree that his BAC guards (particularly in 2013 & 2014) definitely set a high standard. Also, I'm not sure he actually taught Blessed Sac...I may be wrong, but I think his involvement there was again more of Inspire organizational connections, but if I am incorrect, feel free to correct me!

I think all of the staff announcements thus far for BAC have been nothing short of stellar, but if anyone is waiting for me to exclaim "They're gonna be for real this year!" etc, it's not going to happen. :)

Only because I routinely mock the homers of other corps who expect a staff hire to propel them into top three, etc. :tounge2:

Back to back 10th place finishes in an incredibly competitive environment makes the climb a challenge, but the organization has faced much more daunting tasks in the past and has risen to the occasion.

Wonderful posting.

I don't know about any of the other BAC folks out there...but I LOVE this screen-name!!! :-)

Thanks! ☺️

Edited by Futurecrusader
  • Like 1

Did the Cadets firer all their staff. Might mean that they have money problem.

Did the Cadets firer all their staff. .

Firer Tuck says No. Robbing Hood hasn't chimed in on this yettt.

Edited by BRASSO

Did the Cadets firer all their staff. Might mean that they have money problem.

They replaced staff in the visual caption since they have been getting hammered there for the passed few seasons. The drill writer pulled out of Cadets because of family health issues but is still working with C2 and CWP (Cadets Winter Percussion). One of his protégés will step in to write drill this season under the consulting of Marc Sylvester who taught both of the above to write drill. Edited by Tobias

They replaced staff in the visual caption since they have been getting hammered there for the passed few seasons. The drill writer pulled out of Cadets because of family health issues but is still working with C2 and CWP (Cadets Winter Percussion). One of his protégés will step in to write drill this season under the consulting of Marc Sylvester who taught both of the above to write drill.

word is Eddy Falcon may not be the only Cadet viz staffer Boston will see this season... (p.s. they travel in packs! ...ask the Bluecoats, Crown and 7th Regt..)

Edited by xandandl

• 2 weeks later...

Great crowd at NESBA Band finals at Lawrence Ma, stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on Boston? I think they have their first camp/auditions coming up. As do many other corps I am sure. But I was wondering how their show development may be going, and how that would influence their recruiting efforts. Also how is the new building going? Need any help with that? What kind of help if help is needed?

Any update on Boston? I think they have their first camp/auditions coming up. As do many other corps I am sure. But I was wondering how their show development may be going, and how that would influence their recruiting efforts. Also how is the new building going? Need any help with that? What kind of help if help is needed?

Boston takes no backseat to any Corps in DCI with its quest to retain a silent cadence in the offseason.

DCI Corps go into secrecy and lockdown mode for 9 out of 12 months of the year. Its believed that its one of the best ways to keep its fanbase engaged, and why the activity has been exploding in new fan growth interest since these 9 months of little to no information policies have been adopted by all these DCI Corps.

Edited by BRASSO