Boston Crusaders 2016

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Boston has gone to Yamaha brass and percussion. Article here: http://bostoncrusaders.org/2015/11/historic-boston-crusaders-drum-and-bugle-corps-choose-yamaha-percussion-brass-and-pro-audio/

I'll just throw these few questions out there for whoever wants to chime in...Is this good equipment in your opinion? Who else in world class uses Yamaha if you know? Is the brass or percussion better equipment or are they both great?

I believe others on DCP have given thumbs up as corps have switched to Yamaha. Thought the corps announced several months ago they had continued their contract with Jupiter. But many on DCP have given three thumbs down for Jupiter so this is obviously a great move for Boston. Another box checked off.

I believe others on DCP have given thumbs up as corps have switched to Yamaha. Thought the corps announced several months ago they had continued their contract with Jupiter. But many on DCP have given three thumbs down for Jupiter so this is obviously a great move for Boston. Another box checked off.

I think blue star uses Yamaha equipment.

I think blue star uses Yamaha equipment.

Total of nine in WC.

Buena Park, Calif. (November 20, 2015) — Yamaha today announced that the 75 year-old Boston Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps are the ninth corps in the prestigious World Class division of Drum Corps International (DCI) to perform exclusively with Yamaha brass and percussion instruments. They will also incorporate a Yamaha synthesizer, an acoustic drum set and an array of Yamaha professional audio equipment into their show design.

Total of nine in WC.

Buena Park, Calif. (November 20, 2015) — Yamaha today announced that the 75 year-old Boston Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps are the ninth corps in the prestigious World Class division of Drum Corps International (DCI) to perform exclusively with Yamaha brass and percussion instruments. They will also incorporate a Yamaha synthesizer, an acoustic drum set and an array of Yamaha professional audio equipment into their show design.

Going down the World Class Prelims Placement, with the 2015 horn usage, followed by the horn changes I've noticed/read/etc-not sure on percussion...

5RJMkDJ.png?1

So out of WC, 11 hornlines on Yamaha, 6 on Jupiter Quantum, 1 on Kanstul, 4 on some King derivative.

• Like 2

Going down the World Class Prelims Placement, with the 2015 horn usage, followed by the horn changes I've noticed/read/etc-not sure on percussion...

5RJMkDJ.png?1

So out of WC, 11 hornlines on Yamaha, 6 on Jupiter Quantum, 1 on Kanstul, 4 on some King derivative.

BD. System blue equipment ? What brand or are they custom made.