Boston Crusaders 2016

This triumphant show has curiously hypnotic Windmill props and modern dance interpreting what Don Quixote sees. This simple interpretation of the music and heartfelt emotive dance conveys a Quixotic confusion and his unique point of view. It's a solid theme with powerful music.

After about three minutes, the dramatic action comes to a halt. It lacks heightening right now. Great prop, but what happens to it? What's the final progression or transformation? The resolve is unclear. Couple of set pieces need to be added, especially in the middle section, and I'm sure they know this. Here are some suggestions to heighten and resolve the action.

FIX: I suggest the windmills line up along the left 30 yard line, and the corps form a wedge and the entire corps approaches the windmills and fights them with sabers, as Quixote did. Then, I suggest that at the end, the guard bring out angled pieces, as if bent swords from jousting the windmills, shaped just like the windmill prongs, and by the end the entire corps unifies and creates a drill form of a massive synchronized spinning windmill, mirroring the ones on the field -- chaos is now order, and the windmill floats off right at the end, as if it has become a star, no matter how hopeful, no matter how far.

I have little doubt the trio of Murphy, Murphy and Smith will include some of this into the show over the next few weeks. I am sure they are pleased you've pointed it out.
  • Like 2

I have little doubt the trio of Murphy, Murphy and Smith will include some of this into the show over the next few weeks. I am sure they are pleased you've pointed it out.

The few people that commented above. Could not design a show of the complexities. Comments are just BA BA BA BA.

• Like 1

But he said he has the fix. Murphy, Murphy and Smith should know about it.

note to self...don't argue with emc2 logic :blink:

It's actually great to see some discussion taking place regarding BAC's show design and programming. This is a great improvement over last year, when the discussion centered around the horn line not projecting well the props not being complete, and the corps being out of step. Regarding the battle with the windmills suggestion, that actually DOES occur during the show. The camera angles and choices made by the film crew the other night didn't catch it. As someone who has seen the show is person multiple times, I can report that there is so much happening on so much field that this is a challenge to capture on video. (unlike the quarterfinals broadcast when they've had a chance to scope out each show in advance). I think all the corps were affected in this manner, by the way.

• Like 1

It's actually great to see some discussion taking place regarding BAC's show design and programming. This is a great improvement over last year, when the discussion centered around the horn line not projecting well the props not being complete, and the corps being out of step. Regarding the battle with the windmills suggestion, that actually DOES occur during the show. The camera angles and choices made by the film crew the other night didn't catch it. As someone who has seen the show is person multiple times, I can report that there is so much happening on so much field that this is a challenge to capture on video. (unlike the quarterfinals broadcast when they've had a chance to scope out each show in advance). I think all the corps were affected in this manner, by the way.

I feel like the theater cast did a disservice to Boston, the feed balance was incredibly wonky for over half the show and at least in my theater the volume was really low. I also got the sense that bunch of stuff was happening off camera.

I do agree with some of the criticisms I have read, but I really want to see it again before I pass any judgement. Regardless of the scores I am WAY more impressed with them early on this year than I was last year.

• Like 1

Waiting to see everyone live 7/2 at BC. Did everyone get their ticket. (Ghost did you start your drive out here on yellow bird).