Boston Crusaders 2016

I suppose it is a good thing that I don't remember what Sader stew was. I do however remember some rather funky meals like "Paul Bushes Glop, Binsies tuna salad (not for what it was, but how it was made)and a really sad pasta dinner where the water never got to a boil so the pasta softened in the warm/hot water. Talk about starchy. The kids eat really well these days and for their efforts, they should. Congrats to the staff and the chef. And sponsoring a meal is kind of a cool thing to do.

One of the corps I taught back in the mid-70's did a short tour. At one stop the parents made pasta for the corps....they had bought the cheapest possible...cooked it so long the pasta dissolved into a pot of starch!

On the plus side, the corps uniforms were amazingly wrinkle free that weekend.

Boston seems poised for some great visual adjustments on this week between Tanglewood and Florida.

Waldo has evidently added another Cadet viz expert as Patrick Duncan was seen at the Cranston show wearing a Boston Crusaders ID and tee as he observed from the side 1 corner where a transparent view of any visual show reveals all. Very good add.

Will Eddie Falco be adding Joe Roche next???

Joe Roche is on Bluecoats staff for the rest of the summer and he works on the Bushwacker visual staff also. Great person!

I guess Boston had a lot of sick kids last night.

Crusader Cuisine is also making a name for itself in drum corps circles.

One day it is spaghetti with the Regiment, another day it's "lunch for Lenox" with the Cadets,...

Much appreciated I'm sure.

Next week it will be a joint lunch soiree with the Bluecoats and that group from Casper. Highlights of the menu will be "Trooper Scoopers" and "Bedeviled Eggs" for appetizers, heroes for the sandwich, and Pineapple Downside-up Cake for dessert..

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

I guess Boston had a lot of sick kids last night.

May they feel better soon and may their illness not be contagious. The last thing BAC or any corps needs is a plague, as Cavies and Crown know all to well. Besides, I would think one of the worst places to be sick would be on tour with a drum corps. A gym floor or a bus is not at home in bed with Mom taking care of you.

• Like 1

So, illness affecting performance or something else? With the great start, better out of ST, what is it with the seeming lack of progress, only noted as such by less scoring advancement than other corps. And I don't want to hear that excuse, sic crap, about numbers. Numbers are a gauge to measure improvement and progress. It is what we have to go on. Numbers still puts an impression out there of quality; as compared to other corps. So why the lack of progress given how much better the corps is supposed to be over previous seasons? Do corps staff members get to speak with judges after a show anymore to get direct feedback and to challenge an assessment? Or are those bygone days?

• Like 1

Just read about some potential drill rewrites.

I REALLY like the music book, hope they fix the back half of the show staging wise. I really really really want to love this show, and I still think it is early enough to make it work. They've really fallen off the radar, but I remember back in 2011 that happened, and they turned that into one of my favorites of that year. Last year was pretty bleak, and they really pulled it out.

Think the hole is a little bigger this year, but if they have the right attitude and believe they can do it, they have the talent to turn it around.

Feel like a lot have already signed this off as an 11th or 12th place show. I personally am really looking forward to what they do in the next month, and think they have the ingridients to make it work.

I'm not a Boston homer, just sad to see how little they're talked about this year. Hope they can turn it around! Sounds like they're about to take steps to do so.

Edited by DrumManTx

Boston's 12 windmills have been reduced now to 6 on the field... in hopes of reducing some perceived clutter in the show design, I'm told.

Just read about some potential drill rewrites.

I REALLY like the music book, hope they fix the back half of the show staging wise. I really really really want to love this show, and I still think it is early enough to make it work. They've really fallen off the radar, but I remember back in 2011 that happened, and they turned that into one of my favorites of that year. Last year was pretty bleak, and they really pulled it out.

Think the hole is a little bigger this year, but if they have the right attitude and believe they can do it, they have the talent to turn it around.

Feel like a lot have already signed this off as an 11th or 12th place show. I personally am really looking forward to what they do in the next month, and think they have the ingridients to make it work.

I'm not a Boston homer, just sad to see how little they're talked about this year. Hope they can turn it around! Sounds like they're about to take steps to do so.

I've heard about the drill rewrites as well...I think some will be in Florida shows but most of the rewrites not until at least Alabama once they leave Florida...

I was just thinking since we are talking about drill...if anyone knows the answer...approximately how many pages of drill does a typical world class corps put out these days?