Carolina Crown 2016

Eh, I'll hold off for now. But just letting you now, Medea is going to be a BIG hit this year!

Completely agree. Crown is going to own this one. This has the makings of something very, very special.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

So, I have the full recording of one of the productions (Medea) from the last camp. Normally they've told us not to post things until they announce the show, but the staff didn't say anything to us about it this year. What do you guys think, should I post this morsel of goodness?

I didn't read this post until now. I hope you weren't serious about this. Just because nothing may have been said, we all know better. No, it is not ok to post music from rehearsal camps - especially at this level of the activity. We all know why. I'll offer a few reasons why: (1) Music licensing may not have been secured; (2) It's PRACTICE. Practice isn't the product you'll see on the field. If practice music is shared, it should come from the corps themselves. And, Crown has been gracious, and strategically fun, this off-season with the little tidbits they've given us. Respect that and let the leadership of the corps determine what they want to share with the public. It's not up to us! (3) Posting something on the premise that "no one said we couldn't" is just plain silly. We know better. (4) If you want to make a recording, enjoy it for yourself. Don't post the doggone thing. If people do post stuff, the corps will clamp down on those of us who make recordings for our own enjoyment within the member's family, or for secured personal enjoyment of those fans who attend OPEN rehearsals. (5) And finally, if people can't respect, either the spoken rule - or rules of common sense, then our enjoyment of open rehearsals could easily be taken away from us. These corps have no obligation to let the public come and go at rehearsal camps, at spring training, or at on-the-road rehearsals.

We should think before we post.

PS - If you really didn't know that posting a full video of practice music isn't cool, instead of asking the DCP community, just ask the corps director next time you're at camp. We know what answer you'd get. And so do you. Geez, Louise!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

Check out the May issue of drumcorpsworld.com. Gary Dickelman does it again. He has a knack of capturing the spirit, emotion, and culture of world class drum corps. His article on page 20 is on Crown's last off-season camp. If it doesn't get you excited about Crown's season and wanting more, nothing will.

• Like 1

surprised no other donor's have mentioned the new video that was released today. =)

I was keeping that to myself. :)

Me, too. Figured someone would spill the beans on DCP.

I didn't read this post until now. I hope you weren't serious about this. Just because nothing may have been said, we all know better. No, it is not ok to post music from rehearsal camps - especially at this level of the activity. We all know why. I'll offer a few reasons why: (1) Music licensing may not have been secured; (2) It's PRACTICE. Practice isn't the product you'll see on the field. If practice music is shared, it should come from the corps themselves. And, Crown has been gracious, and strategically fun, this off-season with the little tidbits they've given us. Respect that and let the leadership of the corps determine what they want to share with the public. It's not up to us! (3) Posting something on the premise that "no one said we couldn't" is just plain silly. We know better. (4) If you want to make a recording, enjoy it for yourself. Don't post the doggone thing. If people do post stuff, the corps will clamp down on those of us who make recordings for our own enjoyment within the member's family, or for secured personal enjoyment of those fans who attend OPEN rehearsals. (5) And finally, if people can't respect, either the spoken rule - or rules of common sense, then our enjoyment of open rehearsals could easily be taken away from us. These corps have no obligation to let the public come and go at rehearsal camps, at spring training, or at on-the-road rehearsals.

We should think before we post.

PS - If you really didn't know that posting a full video of practice music isn't cool, instead of asking the DCP community, just ask the corps director next time you're at camp. We know what answer you'd get. And so do you. Geez, Louise!

I have posted practice videos of Crown before, but always wait until the corps says its ok to do so. I was half kidding... maybe. Guess we'll never know.

Check out the May issue of drumcorpsworld.com. Gary Dickelman does it again. He has a knack of capturing the spirit, emotion, and culture of world class drum corps. His article on page 20 is on Crown's last off-season camp. If it doesn't get you excited about Crown's season and wanting more, nothing will.

Oh my gosh! I am fired up after reading this. I feel the same way.

All Crown fans have to read this article.

http://www.drumcorpsworld.com/Magazines/may_2016/mobile/index.html#p=23

• Like 1