Carolina Crown 2016

#stupidfacts get in the way of your argument. i understand. don't worry -- the cadets are going to be just fine.

Kids settle down. Crown is amazing this year as usual. Cadets have some work to do but looking forward to a great comeback after a sluggish start.

Kids settle down. Crown is amazing this year as usual. Cadets have some work to do but looking forward to a great comeback after a sluggish start.

It's fine. If posters feel the need to say "Boo Crown" every time a honk says "Yay Crown" they're perfectly welcome to do so. I'm sure it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Like 1

I beg to differ. There's at least 2 corps over the last 2 years that played better.

I think his thinking is along my line of thinking...

To me, no other brass line can touch Crown when it comes to just pure sound. It's completely a matter of preference. I agree with the brass placements pretty much every year but that doesn't mean that the Ott winner is the brass line I want to listen to over and over again. All of the top corps have outstanding brass lines (BD 2014 literally had me gasping with how good they were) but no one makes me "melt" during a live show like Crown's line does.

I don't want to speak for him but I'm going to guess that was what he was trying to say.

• Like 3

To me, no other brass line can touch Crown when it comes to just pure sound. It's completely a matter of preference. I agree with the brass placements pretty much every year but that doesn't mean that the Ott winner is the brass line I want to listen to over and over again. All of the top corps have outstanding brass lines (BD 2014 literally had me gasping with how good they were) but no one makes me "melt" during a live show like Crown's line does.

I don't want to speak for him but I'm going to guess that was what he was trying to say.

This.

2015 cadets was phenominal, so was 2014 BD. But like he said at a live show, noone makes me melt, feel more emotion, and just pure bliss like crown brass does.

Don't speak your opinion and talk about liking Crown here, buddy. You're apparently wrong and not allowed to root for your team.

Hence my lack of posts on the matter.

Don't speak your opinion and talk about liking Crown here, buddy. You're apparently wrong and not allowed to root for your team.

pfft who cares. I'm a Crown honk, I love every corps and want all of them to do well! Doesn't matter if Crown wins, if the best show wins then I'm happy. Just as a brass guy, I'm a sucker for Crown :music:

• Like 1

That's a very good way of thinking in my opinion :smile:

Everyone seems to hate BD except for a select few (exaggeration, but that's what it has felt like since 2012), but they have had my favorite hornline year after year, even in the years that they do not win the Ott. For me, BD's sound balance cannot be beat, it just sounds so alive and edgy compared to all other corps. I'm also a huge fan of Phantom's hornline. They may not be the most talented nowadays, but the richness of their sound is right up there with the best corps.

Basically, everyone has a different preference for the type of sound they like regardless of the actual placements, and in my opinion, that's very healthy. I'd absolutely hate for every corps to try to sound like Crown or like BD, etc etc.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

And honestly, the crowd notices the brass and only the brass unless given a reason not too. That's why people love Crown! You don't become a fan favorite because of your snare line, no offense to percussionists. The layman understands brass better because it's all AAAAAAAHHHHHHH. I know because I am one!

That's a very good way of thinking in my opinion :smile:

Everyone seems to hate BD except for a select few (exaggeration, but that's what it has felt like since 2012), but they have had my favorite hornline year after year even in the years that they do not win the Ott. For me, BD's sound balance cannot be beat, it just sounds so alive and edgy compared to all other corps. I'm also a huge fan of Phantom's hornline. They may not be the most talented nowadays, but the richness of their sound is right up there with the best corps.

Basically, everyone has a different preference for the type of sound they like regardless of the actual placements, and that's in my opinion, that's very healthy. I'd absolutely hate for every corps to try to sound like Crown or like BD, etc etc.

This.

And especially don't root for Crown on the Crown thread. That would be awkward. :-)