Carolina Crown 2016

Alright it's official, they should let us right their closer lol :D

wow....I meant "Write" I'm losing it today lol

I think a quick crown formation is their signature. What judge is going to nix that?

We were talking in the East Coast Classic thread and commented about how in one of the Crossmen's sets, they "flirted" with making the Maltese Cross several times. Several of us thought that would be a good idea to "slip in" the crown. Or even make it go 3D.

Begin rant:

Just watched a video of crown from two nights ago and

Oh

My

God

This is NOT winter guard. Do not scream at the top of your lungs every time someone catches a rifle/flag/saber. CrownGuard is a title contender and does that a lot, so shhhh and let us enjoy the music too.

End rant.

• Like 2

Begin rant:

Oh

My

God

This is NOT winter guard. Do not scream at the top of your lungs every time someone catches a rifle/flag/saber. CrownGuard is a title contender and does that a lot, so shhhh and let us enjoy the music too.

End rant.

I hear ya, tho Crown was on it, that said. More band kids than normal at the show due to the Music for All Summer Symposium that week, that would explain the higher than normal hype from the crowd.

Begin rant:

Oh

My

God

End rant.

Yeah I know some people really enjoy the bando kids at shows because of their enthusiasm, but I think the only time I would enjoy having them at a show is if I was the one performing. They're absolutely obnoxious otherwise

Oh my, we have two DCI experts that are more talented than Crown! Man, lucky days!

Do we get the concept? Once we do, things won't be so confusing for us and we won't feel so defensive and threatened all the time. It's easy.

Everything in a show pertains to the theme. The stronger your theme, the more relaxed you can be with adding tangential elements. That KPop song in BD is an example of a fairly tangential element. Their Ink theme "Children will Listen" was so strong, they could have added Dr. Scholls Gel inserts to the show and no one would have cared. Yelling "Blue!" however in a show doesn't fit in a show called "Tilt", or "Kinetic Noise" and the shows were such a thematic mystery that it was just another element in the junkyard ready to be sorted and discarded.

Here's an exercise for us. Pick the one thematic element that doesn't belong:

The color red

Passion

Pomegranate

Heart

War

Blood

"Blue!"

We have a lot to learn, but it's never too late to start!

Edited by Channel3
  • Like 1