Carolina Crown 2016

The more I watch the show the more I like the Trio part of the ballad over Hallelujah. The last few seconds of that ballad is just mind blowingly good.

• Like 2

The more I watch the show the more I like the Trio part of the ballad over Hallelujah. The last few seconds of that ballad is just mind blowingly good.

The source music for hallelujah is beautiful. Hearing what Michael Kleich did with it just shows what an arranging genius he is. Not sure anyone else could have arranged such a beautiful ballad for drum corps. The piece is hauntingly beautiful.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for sharing this!! My son is in the Snareline.. I will not be seeing the show in person until championships in Indy since they do not come to the West Coast.. It is hard having to wait!! So THANK YOU!!!

Anyone who comes within a fist bump of a Crown percussion member this year should give them kudos for the outstanding work they're doing.

I dare anyone to name another top tier battery that has improved to the level that Crown has this year. Crown percussion will vie for a top 3 finish. They are that good!

• Like 2

Anyone who comes within a fist bump of a Crown percussion member this year should give them kudos for the outstanding work they're doing.

I dare anyone to name another top tier battery that has improved to the level that Crown has this year. Crown percussion will vie for a top 3 finish. They are that good!

ما خفي كان أعظم

So did we ever find the French horn during the Hallelujah duet?

I found this video of Crown's brass playing their 2013 show. It's so cool to be able to listen to the full program from the brass standpoint. From the sound of it this is probably from mid-season. Either way this is the legendary hornline that received a perfect score at finals. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVQRiAkbdQ

So did we ever find the French horn during the Hallelujah duet?

At the start of Hallelujah, you see him/her break formation toward the front. During, the French Horn is off camera on the right in front of the battery. It's a hard catch in the video; however, right before the end of the Hallelujah - the French horn player comes through the battery and meets back up with the stagecoach. In the next shot - you see him/her joining back up with the brass. (Of course, I haven't seen this in person, so I could be wrong.) ;)

The French Horn was behind the white cross gravestone on the right front side of the field at the preview show. Don't know if it's changed.

I found this video of Crown's brass playing their 2013 show. It's so cool to be able to listen to the full program from the brass standpoint. From the sound of it this is probably from mid-season. Either way this is the legendary hornline that received a perfect score at finals. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVQRiAkbdQ

Watched that hornline live 3 times. Incredible.