Carolina Crown 2016

I really think they will be a lot closer to Bluecoats than anyone thinks they will be this weekend.

I think a big thing is they are on a huge competitve island lately, no one that's close to them is competing with them so the judges aren't going to throw out too big of numbers.

I was telling myself the same thing. Then I realized, it doesn't seem like the judges mind throwing out big scores for BD on their island though :( Maybe I'm just not regarding the field very well. One can hope :)

I was telling myself the same thing. Then I realized, it doesn't seem like the judges mind throwing out big scores for BD on their island though :( Maybe I'm just not regarding the field very well. One can hope :)

It's the Blue Devil's. No excuse needed...

• Like 1

It might be the Crown homer in me but I honestly believe Crown is already out performing BD and I think the competition is between Bloo and Crown. This weekend will be exciting.

It might be the Crown homer in me but I honestly believe Crown is already out performing BD and I think the competition is between Bloo and Crown. This weekend will be exciting.

It's probably the Crown homer in you. Crown is no slouch but I'm not sure they're marching better than BD right now (effortless marching is BD's specialty). There's still a good bit of visual dirt that needs cleaning, but Crown's show itself is championship contending.

I do think Crown's brass and guard is outperforming BD at the moment though.

Brass - yes

Guard - yes

Percussion - no

Visually - definitely getting there

Is it possible Carolina Crown could outperform the Blue Devil's? Yes. Not right now, but once they clean up visually, this show could be unstoppable.

It's probably the Crown homer in you. Crown is no slouch but I'm not sure they're marching better than BD right now (effortless marching is BD's specialty). There's still a good bit of visual dirt that needs cleaning, but Crown's show itself is championship contending.

I do think Crown's brass and guard is outperforming BD at the moment though.

I should have been a bit more specific, I agree Crown brass and guard are out performing BD at the moment, and I also agree that BD marching is always pristine and this year is no exception. I don't have a trained ear for percussion. (brass guy here) but Crown percussion sounds noticeably better this year and if I can hear that then it must be pretty good. From what I'm hearing BD and Cadets are probably going to be going head to head for that caption, but #### it would be nice if Crown could get top 3 or 4 in percussion this year. Can you imagine how good those kids would feel after all the negativity toward Crown percussion?!

BD v Crown IMO: Captions will likely be close to a wash - I'd give the edge to BD (due to wider spread in perc compared to brass/guard). Crown will need to max their GE potential like they did last year to top them.

• Like 1

I'm really concerned about Crown's scores lately, as they have been all over the place (up, down and downside up) and they have yet to break into the 80's club along with Bloo and BD. With that said, does anyone know their schedule Tues-Fri, as I'm hoping the staff make some needed musical/visual changes with the aim of garnering a win come Saturday. I know many don't believe their show is strong enough to beat Bloo or BD, but I beg to differ.

I may be alone in my conclusion but I think after watching Bloo and BD's shows multiple times from Saturday that Crown's show is just as strong, but will need tweaking in order to be more competitive.

I believe a rewrite on the ballad (the current version doesn't draw the emotion out that it should/could), adding in more GE (visuals/body movement), and an over the top closer will do it.

-Thoughts?

Some of it is the competition in the shows they've been performing in. We'll get to see at the first TOC show where they really fit in. Likely more competitors will move their score UP

Some of it is the competition in the shows they've been performing in. We'll get to see at the first TOC show where they really fit in. Likely more competitors will move their score UP

I still don't trust TOC show scores. They always seem off from the rest of the competitions

• Like 1