Carolina Crown 2016

see what i mean!

I still stand by my comment :tounge2:

The demand placed on the members - and their execution is phenomenal. But yeah - no streamers on the sabres probably hurt them :tounge2:

Mike

Things I am most looking forward to this week:

- Getting paid.

- Some happy alone time on the road.

- No work.

- Getting my face blasted off in my seat on the side 1 40 in front of Crowns Medea opening impact and quite possibly wetting my pants.

- ...along with Vanguards opening in the same spot and seeing Bluecoats live for the first time since 2013.

Hearing SCV's opener and first hit live in Minneapolis was a sublime drum corps experience...

I live 25 minutes away and haven't been in a long time. Wonder how many layers of paint are on those things now............

I was just through there this past weekend. Had to to stop...lol

Edited by kmax

right there with you.

Curious, but why exactly do you think that Bluecoats placed above Crown in guard? I understand that you have your suspicions that BD is in bed with some of the guard judges, but I haven't really heard any hype around Bluecoats guard so I too was surprised to see them above Crown. Then again, I know nothing about guard, but to the naked eye, Crown seemed more impressive to me

• Like 1

Curious, but why exactly do you think that Bluecoats placed above Crown in guard? I understand that you have your suspicions that BD is in bed with some of the guard judges, but I haven't really heard any hype around Bluecoats guard so I too was surprised to see them above Crown. Then again, I know nothing about guard, but to the naked eye, Crown seemed more impressive to me

I tend to look at it in the perspective of playing brass: It's not about how many notes you have, it's how well you play the notes. I think the same could be said for the guard (but I'm just speculating).

Someone brought up staging.

There are times, like the where the guard on flags during Roxanne are staged, and the end of the opener where they're just kinda stuck behind everyone or way off to the side where they kinda look like an afterthought.

I don't think it's any question that Crowns guard is going to be pretty sublime again, I was definitely taken aback a bit that Bluecoats beat them, but there are times where the staging feels like an afterthought.

And I don't think it's any argument that Bluecoats have some pretty fabulous staging going on.

Edited by DrumManTx

It. Is. A. PUZZLEMENT!

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2