Carolina Crown 2016

Per the leaked recaps Crown's percussion is doing very very well score wise.

May we see?

He also said they slightly stagger attacks on big hits (back line leads front line) so that the sound wave from each horn hits the judges' ears at the exact same moment.

Timing is always a big thing in DCI. I remember a part of the show where we (drumline) had to play almost a beat ahead because of the sound delay to match up with what the stands were hearing.

If they can fix the potential GE issues by the time they get to Indy, this corps will be tough to beat. I do think BD will begin to fall back the 3rd and it will be a two horse race.

Does anyone believe me now? Crown is winning it this year. That brass is freaking beautiful, the show is powerful, some would say its relentless...yeah I went there lol

We have a Crown instructor who is now teaching here in Nashville, and he said they teach the kids to pitch correct their horns (sharper or flatter) based on the natural sharpness or flatness of their specific instrument. IOW, play a specific note slightly flat, or slightly sharp, so that the entire brass line is playing the exact same pitch.

He also said they slightly stagger attacks on big hits (back line leads front line) so that the sound wave from each horn hits the judges' ears at the exact same moment.

Where does he teach?

Is crown winning brass?

May we see?

Yes and it's in Reddit

What is crowns odds of winning tomorrow's San Antonio showdown?

1 in 3 given the past week. I think the top three will remain within .6 of one another overall. Performance order might give Crown the boost. I know that doesn't affect judging, but it affects crowd reactions/corps' hype levels and can give them a moral boost.