Carolina Crown 2016

. They hung horse thieves back then. Right on the spot. No firearms involved.

Scouts have someone hanging. I don't see a huge discussion about maybe changing that part. So they even changed the ending is just mind blowing to me.

Sometimes, I wondered if they hung the bad horses too.

I am new to this message board this year.. I am a PROUD parent of a current Crown member.. Is this the norm? Adults (assuming) arguing with each other, being rude to each other,making sarcastic comments, and bashing a drum corps show??? I guess I was way off thinking this was a place for members parents and fans to come to support and talk ( maturely ) about the show, performances and such.. I understand everyone has their own opinion but seriously some of the stuff I have read is a bit surprising.. IT IS A DRUM CORPS SHOW.. A performance..Regardless of how you feel about the changes and what not of the show all of those performers make sacrifices and work their tail off for 3 months..

• Like 4

I am new to this message board this year.. I am a PROUD parent of a current Crown member.. Is this the norm? Adults (assuming) arguing with each other, being rude to each other,making sarcastic comments, and bashing a drum corps show??? I guess I was way off thinking this was a place for members parents and fans to come to support and talk ( maturely ) about the show, performances and such.. I understand everyone has their own opinion but seriously some of the stuff I have read is a bit surprising.. IT IS A DRUM CORPS SHOW.. A performance..Regardless of how you feel about the changes and what not of the show all of those performers make sacrifices and work their tail off for 3 months..

Unfortunately this is pretty normal. Usually not on the Crown thread, but it seems it has migrated here for today.

• Like 2

Makes the show relevant? I thought the show was relevant when I watched it....... Wayyyyyyyy back when they actually killed the robber. Justice served.... Western style.

Eh, some classic Westerns ended with the killer captured but not killed. For instance, 3:10 to Yuma.

Well, sometimes comments go over the top, but I would say that the seriousness with which people here treat the performances shows how much they love drum corps.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this is pretty normal. Usually not on the Crown thread, but it seems it has migrated here for today.

Thank you for the input..Had totally different expectations..

No one is bashing the kids themselves. Most people in DCP are pretty decent. But it is a place where people discuss and disagree about show design and whatnot. It is in part a testament to how many people like this show, or most things about it, that they get wound up over the details.

I love crown's show this year. They are amazing and you should be proud.