Carolina Crown 2016

My only criticism of Crown's drill is that it doesn't use the backfield as much as other corps. The show seems pushed forward to feature dance and characters. And the field seems severed by the invisible road that the stage coach rides on, cutting off the backfield.

My only criticism of Crown's drill is that it doesn't use the backfield as much as other corps. The show seems pushed forward to feature dance and characters. And the field seems severed by the invisible road that the stage coach rides on, cutting off the backfield.

I think Inferno was like that too, but maybe more so.

Well at least in the ending of Inferno, the color guard was backfield, zero to zero, so not completely pushed forward.

I think it's a choice rather than an issue. Seems like a lot people want to make "use the whole field" a "check box". Heard the same criticism of BD this year. IMO creating environmental challenges is really all that's required. And Crown certainly has plenty of those. The whole "they don't use the whole field" is what a lot of HS band have been told by judges who don't know any better.

I think it's a choice rather than an issue. Seems like a lot people want to make "use the whole field" a "check box". Heard the same criticism of BD this year. IMO creating environmental challenges is really all that's required. And Crown certainly has plenty of those. The whole "they don't use the whole field" is what a lot of HS band have been told by judges who don't know any better.

Preach!!! Why do I want the corps doing stuff back where I can't see or hear them? It's absolutely a bs "checkbox" like you mentioned. Using the entire field has never made a show better or worse imo. Besides, none of the top 3 corps use the entire field.

• Like 1