Carolina Crown 2016

Just please fot the love of god no crown shape at the end. Doesn't fit the show. I love the fresh visual this season by crown.

Yep, Crown should throw away it's tradition because George, the omnipotent show designer the he is, has stated it doesn't fit the show. Yet somehow it magically fit in all the other shows. God, how did the corps ever win without taking George's sage advice? Please George, when you've written the new closer for Crown (or any other corps) please let us know so we can see how it should be done corrrectly. JMO

Edited by caliswift

Yep, Crown should throw away it's tradition because George, the omnipotent show designer the he is, has stated it doesn't fit the show. Yet somehow it magically fit in all the other shows. God, how did the corps ever win without taking George's sage advice? Please George, when you've written the new closer for Crown (or any other corps) please let us know so we can see how it should be done corrrectly. JMO

There is a crown in Dante's Divine Comedy.

Do Bluecoats yell "Blue" this year? It's fraternity like, it's not germane to the production, and breaks the fourth wall. George is following an aesthetic rule that each component of a production should fit the selected theme. It's not some capricious whim.

Edited by Channel3
  • Like 1

Do Bluecoats yell "Blue" this year? It's fraternity like, it's not germane to the production, and breaks the fourth wall. George is following an aesthetic rule that each component of a production should fit the selected theme. It's not some capricious whim.

Furthermore.. it's propaganda!

Oh my, we have two DCI experts that are more talented than Crown! Man, lucky days!

What did it have to do with outerspace? Or Einstein? Or heroes? Or a second chance? Or grass?

I rest my case. It's tradition. It's a set. One set out of Lord knows how many. It's not going to hurt. Everybody knows it's tradition, and I'm sure judges don't hold it against them.

Oh my, we have two DCI experts that are more talented than Crown! Man, lucky days!

So let me get this straight, the only people allowed to have a comment are award winning designers? If that's the case then let's shut down the forum lol

This design team is too talented to end this show in a crown. They will probably work one in as a set or leave it out all together.

It fit the program last year. It fit other years due to the nature of the shows. A western design approach for the visual element means ot doesn't fit this yeaE

They are my pic to win gold. So it's just an opinion, in no way meant nefariously

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

So let me get this straight, the only people allowed to have a comment are award winning designers? If that's the case then let's shut down the forum lol

This design team is too talented to end this show in a crown. They will probably work one in as a set or leave it out all together.

It fit the program last year. It fit other years due to the nature of the shows. A western design approach for the visual element means ot doesn't fit this yeaE

They are my pic to win gold. So it's just an opinion, in no way meant nefariously

As a die hard crown fan, I actually agree. I love the tradition of the crown set, it's always a big GE moment. I think this year would be a good year to work it in as a set but not the final one. A crown set as they get their vigilante justice/revenge into some high speed drill into a company front would be pretty epic. Edited by DasTuba
  • Like 2

I take it you've never heard the term "King of the Desert"? Or "King of the West"? In this program it'd be Queen of the West, but still, the crown would fit. Just depends on how you look at it. They won't end the show in the crown. When was the last time they did that before last year? 2008? 9/10 it's a set for a hit and doesn't last longer than 10 seconds. Edited by UKSuperman