Carolina Crown 2016

I found this video of Crown's brass playing their 2013 show. It's so cool to be able to listen to the full program from the brass standpoint. From the sound of it this is probably from mid-season. Either way this is the legendary hornline that received a perfect score at finals. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVQRiAkbdQ

Jumping Jimmeny, Holy Drum Corps Brass Heaven! I used to think that scoring dynamics lead to the perfect 20. Not anymore. A perfect brass line lead to a perfect score. My goodness. They talk about the "Crown Sound". Yes, there is such a thing. Never has a brass line sounded like Crown. 2016 will challenge the '13 group with what they're doing this season. I would so love that they do the same thing with 2016 recording.

• Like 3

Just watched a full run of their show from Muncie. Am I the only one who is getting a "Spartacus" vibe from this show? I ask that in a good way, because it is starting to become really good!

• Like 1

Rainout in LaCrosse... #Bummer.

Was hoping to see if Crown would match or surpass The Cadets' 77.200 score tonight....

Just watched a full run of their show from Muncie. Am I the only one who is getting a "Spartacus" vibe from this show? I ask that in a good way, because it is starting to become really good!

I'd love to see the Muncie show. If you have it, please send to me. Thanks!

I'd love to see the Muncie show. If you have it, please send to me. Thanks!

Check your PM ASAP.

Yeah definitely! I was about to post that myself. Never thought I'd see a Western Spartacus... Except this time the woman has a more empowered role than dying haha. Well... A little.

I really love the ending to the show, I love the opening, I just love the entire show! That brass gives me chills. Drumline sounds a lot better. This is honestly becoming my favorite show this season. (Don't tell the Cavies) lol that crowd in muncie was epic btw

• Like 1

The more I watch the show the more I like the Trio part of the ballad over Hallelujah. The last few seconds of that ballad is just mind blowingly good.

If I had one "armchair director" moment with this show, I'd probably choose some Kill Bill Vol. 2 coming out of the grave music over part of Hallelujah. Would seem to make sense with this show too and fit the Morricone.

• Like 2

Ballad is absolutely my favorite this year. We'll see if it can make it to favorite ever by the end of the season.