Carolina Crown 2016

New/different design unis will be a given - they have used the current look for three seasons now and historically they go a different direction every 3 years... maybe back to the cream.

They went from space to hell, so they'll probaby be back on earth next season!

Edited by ashevillemurphy
  • Like 1

I predict Crown will be the crowd favorite (again), the brass staff will return to an amazing hornline, the percussion staff will continue to develop a possibly elite drumline (I always thought The People's Front Ensemble was smokin' hot) and of course the color guard will assert their dominance over the field.

As for the show? I have not a clue. They swept me off my feet with Inferno and fielded my favorite piece of music ever, Symphony No. 9. Maybe next year they can field my favorite band piece, Lincolnshire Posy. If anyone should do it, it is them.

Scores be ######, this corps is the true People's Champ.

Lincolnshire? Check this at 4:07...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=257&v=8m6hMYnvs1c

EDIT: thought this was the 2015 thread, oh well

I shared these in the Photos thread (on page 2) but in case you missed them;

HJ78OvK.jpg

6rhgVmb.jpg

UASbWOi.jpg

QTzxopd.jpg

AAW2JL3.jpg

v0l1GJ5.jpg

KaSgBVa.jpg

xhBNX4F.jpg

ZINGEbi.jpg

Edited by defeldus
  • Like 2

As fantastic as they were some of the photos show some pretty poor spacing intervals. So close to gold. Wonder what that cost them. :confused:

As fantastic as they were some of the photos show some pretty poor spacing intervals. So close to gold. Wonder what that cost them. :confused:

4th in visual analysis.

I'd like to see them do Symphonic Metamorphosis- Paul Hindemith,. Call the show "Metamorphasis" with a return to cream with colored accents. The guard, drums and brass could do miracles with this piece. The have the anger and the desire to supercede what they did this past year.

You sir, are a genius. Just checked out that piece, wow they could do wonders with that! I wouldn't go with the creme but still it would kill!

Can anyone tell me why Crown's perc always scores so low. Who is writing their book and what not?

Thom Hannum (arranger) and Tom Aungst (caption head) are both DCI Hall of Famers with many, many DCI championships and High Percussion titles to their names.

So...

1) what they did in the past that won championships doesn't really work anymore OR...

2) the tech staff isn't getting the players to where they need to be OR...

3) Crown isn't attracting as high of quality of players as the other top corps

4) maybe they need a couple more years of building

5) All of the above???

Personally, I feel they did too much with body movement this year , especially in the percussion feature, and hindered their chances at playing cleaner.

Honestly, Crown could present a show based on level 1 music lesson books and basic color guard technique and knock it out of the park. So picking a specific show for them to present is really just a personal preference. I just know if Crown did play a show based around the soundtrack from Gettysburg it would be a show for the ages

Love your INT banner. Only I would put a ladies room on it.