Carolina Crown 2016

Just a quick shout out to Crown 2016!

BRASS and GUARD were both just spectacular

The body movement by all the corps members was probabaly the best we've ever seen in the activity

A great season and a ton to he proud of!

• Like 4

Words cannot express how incredibly impressed I am with Crown. Yes, they are great every year, but that hornline drives me insane. I do not pay much attention to guard, but Crown's guard made me wanna toss a rifle in the air (except I'm afraid it may fall on my head and kill me).

Congrats on another great season. I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with next year.

• Like 6

I'm a retired band director from tx. It does my heart and soul wonders to see what our youth are capable of producing. Carolina Crown is the epitome of excellence. Congratulations on an outstanding season and may there be MANY more to come! I loved the ending handhold. Thankyou for making my summer.

• Like 3

So I just got back from Indy, and wanted to put out there how much I love this activity, and how incredibly proud I am of what Carolina Crown has become. I was ELATED for the Guard on Saturday, and as a former CC Brass player, LOVED that the Ott is back in the Caronlinas. But more than that, I was so happy to see the members get recognized for the excellence in their execution this year. Did not get the overall placement that they hoped, but seeing the members get awarded for maxing out their show was nice to see, especially after the sting of last year.

Congrats to Bloo, on their first, congrats to BD for continued excellence, and to SVC for the Sandford and churning out awesome drum corps year after year. Congrats to Cavies for returning to top 5, and Congrats to Academy for breaking through. Congrats to all the corps, but this homer is most excited for Crown, because, as always, I have Carolina in my mind.

• Like 7

I am too. Apparently they got overall, 5th in percussion. I don't even know what to say. Honestly, this line is the best it's been since 2009. The scores have been fluctuating all season. That's why I don't really like judge scores because they are so fluctuating. I think they all did wonderful. I think their placement was well deserved, and every area improved a lot from last year. Wonderful job this year, Crown!

They were 5th overall at Finals, 4th overall with the 3-Night Average, edging out The Cadets by 0.04.

Also for the record...SCV's winning percussion caption helped them place 4th overall in music.

SCV percussion scores could have been the same as The Cadets (%th Place Percussion) and still kept 4th place in Music. Yes, Percussion is a factor in Music Analysis, but Cadets 6th Place in MA in Prelims didn't help, and The Cadets only beat SCV in overall Brass placement by 0.04.