Carolina Crown 2016

Saw some ballad rehearsal with the brass tonight. One of my all time favourite songs from my all time favorite brass lines. Life is good. Brief thoughts:

I heard a secret chord. It pleased me. I'm fairly certain the Lord would agree.

Uh, holy mellos.

The solist(s) (no spoilers!) sound great.

That dark Crown brass sound. Ahhh.

Edited by besson57
  • Like 3

Saw some ballad rehearsal with the brass tonight. One of my all time favourite songs from my all time favorite brass lines. Life is good. Brief thoughts:

Uh, holy mellos.

The soloist is a trumpet player iirc. He on flugelhorn or trumpet? Or is this inaccurate info. Did you catch a video? Glad to hear it sounds good!

Well if the most recent donor vid is anything to go off of, I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more.

:)

I'm not a drummer but a few folks I know are -- some of them with pretty amazing resumes. The consistent message from them: Crown's percussion is going to surprise a lot of folks this year. Guess we'll see.

Anyway -- that donor video is very cool. This show might be one of Klesch's most impressive efforts to date. The way he's woven things from unlikely sources to create a coherent sound is just incredible.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

I'm not a drummer but a few folks I know are -- some them with pretty amazing resumes. The consistent message from them: Crown's percussion is going to surprise a lot of folks this year. Guess we'll see.

Exactly! Really no surprise here. Tom Aungst has an incredible resume to go along with Thom Hannum's. Last year, you saw the impact of having Mr. Aungst for the full offseason. Now fast forward another year, having an already strong staff, talent acquisition, etc. Anyone who blindly thnks this is anything other than a top battery, they will be surprised. But, as Crownie, we already know.

• Like 1

I heard a secret chord. It pleased me. I'm fairly certain the Lord would agree.

Uh, holy mellos.

I can't wait to hear the ballad. If anyone would like to share a video of it you could drop it in my inbox. =)

Got tickets purchased for the Lisle Show and soon Rockford's show.. and then Dekalb's show. Gotta love that Crown in performing 3x near me in July.

• Like 1