Hardest show ever - Cadets 2015?

Hop needs to run the organization and inspire the kids.

Hop shouldn't play such a major role in show design.

Hop isn't an artist. He's a former percussionist. He's a brilliant manager of an organization. Every success the Cadets have had since 1982 has been to his credit.

But also, every inept or downright awful show design that wasted tremendous MM talent has also been his responsibility.

My guess: he's muddling up the show design process, people with more design and artistic talent don't feel the kind of freedom to create, and he's holding on too hard, like Charleton Heston.

Let go, George. Trust the community you've built over the last thirty years.

I've also heard that Blue Knights 2012 had a lot of demand in it.

"Me and the design team" will be back next year with a great show design?

Because Cadets' show design is all about ME, is exactly the reason this group of kids didn't win gold.

Uh, grammatically speaking, Mr. Hopkins should have said "the design team and I will be back next year..."

Your then-to-be insult would then have to say "Because Cadets' show design is all about "I", that's the reason the kids didn't win gold." As you can see, that just doesn't sound all that impressive or make any sense.

I'm sorry that grammar screwed up your otherwise well thought-out insult. :unhappy:

+++

You might also consider that if the reason the kids this year did not win the championship was because of Mr. Hopkins great ego which was all about him as you say, you might also consider the corollary, that the ten championships Cadets did win was because of that exact same ego! You are paying him quite the high compliment! :thumbup:

Does any single corps director have more championships than George Hopkins?

+++

Edit: So, staying on topic, "yes," Cadets' 2015 show (at least portions of it, not every single moment was gold) was the most difficult ever. :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2