2105 Post Finals Sale Thread

Probably gonna catch a lot of flack for this one, but.........

FOR SALE: Corps tradition. Contact G. Hopkins at YEA!

I guess you could say a lot of corps have sold that away if you define a 2 week uniform change as throwing away corps tradition...

I guess you could say a lot of corps have sold that away if you define a 2 week uniform change as throwing away corps tradition...

note the Crossmen logo in the previous poster's thread. Might he have referenced Hopkins selling the Crossmen to Texas businessmen, not just the black pack? Or is this before your time?

• Like 2

More of the preaching of tradition by Hopkins and the corps, and then changing for the sake of the show. I'm sure they thought about it early on in the design process, but maybe the color of the guard uniforms could have worked better with the original color of the corps uniforms. Also, being a science teacher I must point out that neon is not the yellow color they had in guard uniforms, neon actually glows an orange/red color.

note the Crossmen logo in the previous poster's thread. Might he have referenced Hopkins selling the Crossmen to Texas businessmen, not just the black pack? Or is this before your time?

I was in the midst of the YEA! (You Eat After the Cadets) days. I remember our members practically begging for funds to get new uniforms, and finally did in '99.

But yes, all in all, many corps have already sold many of "their traditions," it was just nice to see year after year the Cadets continue with another one of theirs.

More of the preaching of tradition by Hopkins and the corps, and then changing for the sake of the show. I'm sure they thought about it early on in the design process, but maybe the color of the guard uniforms could have worked better with the original color of the corps uniforms. Also, being a science teacher I must point out that neon is not the yellow color they had in guard uniforms, neon actually glows an orange/red color.

I was in the midst of the YEA! (You Eat After the Cadets) days. I remember our members practically begging for funds to get new uniforms, and finally did in '99.

But yes, all in all, many corps have already sold many of "their traditions," it was just nice to see year after year the Cadets continue with another one of theirs.

You're right. It was thought of early on in the design process. The original color scheme is supposed to represent October, the 10th month of the year. And you know about neon. As someone pursuing the sciences, I get what you're saying about neon and its actual color. But honestly, the majority of people do not know that and instead associate it with the bright greenish yellow color.

Tradition is still quite alive in Cadetland. One uniform change won't change that.

• Like 1

What do you get when you cross "traditions" with Southeast Asian musical roots (the rage of at least one contemporary Corps, apparently....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSOXZrLadS0