The Stanford streak continues at 9...

For a non-regional, non-TOC, and non-Q/S/Finals show, the DCI West show at Stanford (began in 2007) has hosted EVERY eventual champion since its inception. Are there any other shows out there that can match this?

2007: Blue Devils

2008: Phantom Regiment

2009: Blue Devils

2010: Blue Devils

2011: The Cadets

2012: Blue Devils

2013: Carolina Crown

2014: Blue Devils

2015: Blue Devils

Yeah yeah, I know it helps that this is a BD home show but hey, call me out on my shameless attempt to bring more corps to the west coast (namely, Stanford) instead! If history does repeat itself, then if a corps wants a better chance at winning the title, come to Stanford. Pretty please?

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 2

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/2007season.htm

You're right, the streak is only 8 years long.

I probably should have been more clear. The champion corps, regardless of their placement at Stanford, went on to win DCI in their respective year. I don't believe that any other show that is not a regional, TOC, nor Prelims-Finals show can claim that they have hosted the eventual champion since their show's inception.

• Like 1

For a non-regional, non-TOC, and non-Q/S/Finals show, the DCI West show at Stanford (began in 2007) has hosted EVERY eventual champion since its inception. Are there any other shows out there that can match this?

Yeah yeah, I know it helps that this is a BD home show but hey, call me out on my shameless attempt to bring more corps to the west coast (namely, Stanford) instead! If history does repeat itself, then if a corps wants a better chance at winning the title, come to Stanford. Pretty please?

One could argue that it's more of a home show for SCV than BD. Santa Clara to Palo Alto is roughly 12 miles where it's 60 miles from Concord to Palo Alto.

• Like 1

True but SC has their own show as well. We do not. (grrrr)!

If you ask DCI they tell you this is a regional but when they talk about BD not winning any of the regionals this year they won Stanford which they say is. so is it a regional or not?

Paging the Bluecoats. .

• Like 2

Paging the Bluecoats. .

I live in the bay area and we would LOVE for the Bluecoats to come out west. We love the Bluecoats and any other corps that takes the time and money to come out here. We are all aware it is not an easy thing to come out west so early in the season, so we will give you all the love we can!

• Like 1