2015 Finals

Now that I have had some time to digest the results from Saturday night, it becomes more appalling to me that a corps the caliber of the 2015 Cadets didn't medal. Just my opinion, but this is a stain on the judging process in DCI. Rant over.

Now that I have had some time to digest the results from Saturday night, it becomes more appalling to me that a corps the caliber of the 2015 Cadets didn't medal. Just my opinion, but this is a stain on the judging process in DCI. Rant over.

As of now, there are only 3 medals. As the question was raised in another thread...do we need a fourth medal?

As of now, there are only 3 medals. As the question was raised in another thread...do we need a fourth medal?

How many years later then would people be clamoring for a fifth medal...then a sixth medal...then a seventh medal...

You either cut it off at some point or you give everyone medals.

All that being said, I'm pretty shocked as well that Cadets didn't medal, although that may be more to do with show design than execution.

• Like 1

If they had medaled, would you have posted the same thread discussing Bluecoats, or Crown, or Devils? One of those four wasn't going to medal....

• Like 1

I'm a Cadet homer, but they were the 4th place corps Saturday night. You have 3 other corps with caliber of their own that all brought their A-game this year. This show will get plenty of play on my iPhone, regardless of placement.

Why not have a 5th place medal then. Then we can add a 6th, 7th and 8th because those corps did really good too. 9 through 12 won't get a medal, but they will get a button with the thumbs up and a "Good job, way to go!" below.

• Like 4

Oh boy does it get sad around here after finals.

• Like 9

It wasn't too long ago that there weren't separate medals at all for 2-3. You had the champions being presented with their medals on a ribbon. The medals for 2-12 were handed to the corps director in a plastic bag. There were no such things as silver and bronze. Anyone recall when they made the move to the Olympic style medal presentations?

People could've said the same if Bluecoats hadn't medaled. The top four were really close this year. It's hardly a stain on the judging.

Bluecoats didn't have the insane level of demand Cadets had; that's the difference. Cadets were not rewarded for performing a literal beast of a show at a high level.