2015 Finals

Bluecoats didn't have the insane level of demand Cadets had; that's the difference. Cadets were not rewarded for performing a literal beast of a show at a high level.

That depends on how you define demand.

The Bluecoats had a vastly more challenging show in terms of music ensemble, and their tuba feature alone was simply bananas (it may very well have been the single most challenging moment on the field this year). If fast and technical is how you define demand, sure. But there's many other types of "hard".

• Like 8

That depends on how you define demand.

The Bluecoats had a vastly more challenging show in terms of music ensemble, and their tuba feature alone was simply bananas (it may very well have been the single most challenging moment on the field this year). If fast and technical is how you define demand, sure. But there's many other types of "hard".

I'm not trying to discredit the Bluecoats or any other corps. I really appreciate the Bluecoats. And we will agree to disagree when it comes to who had the most demand. Thanks for your respectful thoughts.

• Like 1

Bluecoats didn't have the insane level of demand Cadets had; that's the difference. Cadets were not rewarded for performing a literal beast of a show at a high level.

Seems to me like the brass and percussion judges were plenty impressed with Cadets and rewarded them. The effect and visual judges, not so much. No matter how hard Power of 10 was, it's hard to argue that it should have beaten Crown, Bluecoats or BD in effect.

• Like 2

Now that I have had some time to digest the results from Saturday night, it becomes more appalling to me that a corps the caliber of the 2015 Cadets didn't medal. Just my opinion, but this is a stain on the judging process in DCI. Rant over.

I 100% agree with the Cadets finishing 4th. Their visual execution was sub-par (relative to the top 3), as was their color guard. These issues bleed into GE. I had them 4th all three nights. Their show, on the other hand, was remarkable for what they were attempting. I loved this show - one of my favorites, but the execution just wasn't there (visually).

The first caption on the recaps is General Effect, not General Demand.

• Like 2