Corps on the Move in 2016 - Who to Watch?

Just stating my opinion based on what I saw. IMO dirty feet bleed into every other caption. And they were just wee bit short of sparkiling.

But feel free to disagree :-)

They definitely weren't the cleanest, but they have made HUGE strides there and in guard over recent years. Watching 2013 is pretty stark.........cleanest they have ever been visually the past two years IMO. Edited by DrumManTx

They definitely weren't the cleanest, but they have made HUGE strides there and in guard over recent years. Watching 2013 is pretty stark.........cleanest they have ever been visually the past two years IMO.

Absolutley agree. As I said in my earlier post, they aren't going away.

There may be momentum but each season is a new season. Judges don't care who you are or what you did last year.

Bluecoats may come out next year and win OR may try to do Tilt 3 and come in fifth. The only constant is BD. that staff, that organization has it down pat..

Edited by Tobias

There may be momentum but each season is a new season. Judges don't care who you are or what you did last year.

Bluecoats may come out next year and win OR may try to do Tilt 3 and come in fifth. The only constant is BD. that staff, that organization has it down pat..

When was Tilt 2?

• Like 3

I remember being on the BD forum back in 2000 after finals (man, miss that forum in its prime...) and predicting Blue Knights getting 4th in 2001. Let's hope nothing disastrous happens b/c I would like to see BK medal soon. A few adjustments will have to happen of course, but if they keep building on this theme they've had for the past 3 years they could have something really special.

Only thing that worries me about Colts are the rumors of Marc Sylvester leaving. His arrival in 2013 was a BIG reason they've started surging forward IMO. We'll see.

I thought I heard that he was fired as soon as he was finished writing the drill this year? Also, I saw today that Chuck Naffier is stepping down. Makes me wonder about the Colts, unless they can bring in a solid and proven design team. But even then, that can be a toss up the first year or two.

I actually like your list a LOT

I would personally add Crossmen. They are laying a terrific foundation and I expect them to step up in each caption for 2016.

I agree, Crossmen is definitely a corps to watch for next season. Guard having been 6th/7th Allentown/Prelims/Semis? That program is definitely taking a step in the right direction, as well as the rest of the visual program, as well. The visual captions were all strong for them this season, and I only expect them to make even more noise next season, especially on the visual side of things. Hopefully music can step up to the same level competitively as the visual did this year/hopefully will next.

Not one single corps can move up unless someone moves down. Before I can "see" anyone poised to move up, I'd have to be convinced that someone else is going to vacate a slot, and I can't say that ANY corps is going to drop. Obviously the top 30 will see some change in the order, but unless we are willing to say who will slide down, any prediction is half-hearted and almost unfair......

This has been a unique year........ and the absence of Fan Network to further examine the past season, makes answering the OP question impossible FOR ME...... I'm having enough trouble today overcoming withdrawal......

Again, I have no answer for the original question, but that's just me........