Regardless of final placement, your five most favorite shows

My rankings, in order of my personal enjoyment.

1. Crown - captivating, gorgeous, gut-wrenching ballad, fantastic guard. they were everywhere doing everything. I literally love every second of this show.
  2. Cadets - As a huge fan of Shostakovich, the combination of powerful music and locomotive drill left me breathless at the end. The uniform change was a little too reminiscent of Phantom Regiment's "A Defiant Heart" for my tastes, but did not affect my enjoyment of the show
  3. Bluecoats - Amazing amount of activity and music design. Great ballad and final push at closer.
  4. Blue Knights - The show didn't knock me over the first time I saw it, but every time I watch it it draws me in more. They zigged when everyone zagged, with a mellow and introspective show. Loved the new ending too!
  5. Blue Devils - Amazing sound and execution. I get the story, but honestly wasn't drawn in at all. Last year I was blown away by their guard. This year I barely noticed them. Since they beat Crown's guard, I'm honestly going to assume I missed everything they did and on future viewings will feel like an idiot for even mentioning it. Drum line and brass sounded amazing. As usual.
Hat tip to: Cavaliers and Scouts, looking and sounding great.
Kill it with fire: I'm sorry. No offense to any of the solo singing performances, but I just do not enjoy it at all.

Kill it with fire: I'm sorry. No offense to any of the solo singing performances, but I just do not enjoy it at all.

This... 100 times over this.... and maybe a little less talking too

Carolina Crown - I'm just now getting over my reaction to scores on Saturday and putting down the torch and pitchfork... but this is a show for the ages in every way possible.

Madison Scouts - great music, greeeeat brass, greeeeeeeeeeat drums. Just great.

Cavaliers - This one has sneakily been improving in my personal ratings all summer. It's a true "Cavaliers" show, regardless of placement.

Troopers - Hated it at the beginning of the summer. By the end, the whole thing just came together and I was rooting for them to take 12th. I would have loved to see it one more time.

Mandarins - What a great total production. From the moment they set foot on the field to the time they leave, it's an integrated package that just oozes commitment - you don't have to wonder what the show's about - they sell everything about it.

Mike

Crown

Blue Devils

Madison Scouts

Santa Clara Vanguard

The Cadets

(in that order)

I just want to say that all corps did a fantastic job! What dedication and hard work to an activity you obviously love!

In no particular order:

Blue Knights - What a musically artistic show that was so different from all the others - right down to the percussion book. Bravo!

BD - wasn't a big fan in the beginning, but love all the changes they made throughout the season. Loved that it told a story - literally!

Phantom - I know they got knocked around, but I loved this show. So energetic and well played. The guard added so much to the show.

Crown - Had me from day 1. The full package IMHO.

Genesis - Bravo and well done - you deserved the bronze.

• Like 1

Interesting.

The Cadets don't even make most people's top 5 so far.

Considering that they marched and played better than anyone, that means the judges were right that the GE was the major weakness in the show, and that is about show concept and show design.

Why, oh why, can't their design team get the message that most years what they do regarding show concept development is broken? All design decisions stem from the show concept.

Interesting.

Considering that they marched and played better than anyone, that means the judges were right that the GE was the major weakness in the show, and that is about show concept and show design.

Why, oh why, can't their design team get the message that most years what they do regarding show concept development is broken? All design decisions stem from the show concept.

Give it up, dude.

The Cadets were in my top 5. Why? I didn't care at all about their show theme. It could've been about the ABC's for all I care. Their music was off the charts and that's why they were in my top 5.

• Like 2

Interesting.

Which thread are you reading? I only checked the last two pages, but it looks like they showed up on about half in that group, mine included. Their show was great, and I actually came out of the season opener show at the movies thinking they were going to win.

Interesting.

Not sure what you're reading but they were on most lists but a few.

• Like 1